Part 5

POV Adeline

My fingers played nervously with the hem of the long shirt as we drew further away from my pack borders. Not a single word was voiced and the silence was so powerful that even the owls had stopped their calling. A cool breeze brushed my body making a shiver run down my body. Thoughts about the new pack that I was going to live in and the people that I was going to meet filled my head and an exasperated sigh left my lips.

The figure of a man approaching us caught my eye and Damon came at a halt. His coffee brown hair were waving from the gentle wind and he bowed his head in front of Damon. This made me stop walking as well.

"The rest of the pack members are gathered to leave when we are ready."he said with clear respect in his voice.

His brown eyes landed on my figure for a quick second and curiosity filled them in an instant. His gaze met mine interested and I averted my eyes away from him shyly which made him raise an eyebrow.

"Alright Beta. Inform them that they can return to the pack." Damon's deep voice sent tingles down my body. "I am leaving alone."

The Beta shoot me a quick look and opened his mouth to say something. However, he closed it back again, probably, having second thoughts. With this, he offered a curt nod and with a bow, he made his way back from where he came. His figure getting lost in the dark forest.

My attention turned towards Damon whose eyes locked with mine and I narrowed my eyebrows baffled at his actions. His long feet started moving towards me and I took a reluctant step backwards. I casted my eyes on the weird object in his hand which was emmiting a strange scent. My head started feeling heavy and my eyesight got hazy as seconds passed.

"Damon-" My body crumbled and I felt strong arms wrapping themselves around my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~••••~~~~~~~~

Opening softly my eyes the intense light of the sun hit them and I winced slightly. Trying to adjust my eyesight, I rubbed softly my forehead as I felt a splitting headache making its arrival.

"Where am I?" I murmured lowly and trailed my eyes around the unknown room.

Four plain white walls surrounded me which made my nerves tense up as I couldn't recognise anything. Placing my hand on the bed, I sat upwards and looked at my body which was covered in small cuts that were slowly healing. My hair was a mess and my clothes consisted of a hospital robe making me arch an eyebrow.

The door opened suddenly making me jerk my head to its direction and my eyes fell upon a middle-aged woman stepping inside and then closing the door behind her. She turned her body towards me and a warm smile graced her lips making the sides of her eyes to wrinkle softly.

"I see you woke up."she said, her tone welcoming. "I am doctor Jonshon."

Clear confusion covered my face as she sat next to me and started examining me. Her eyes scanned my whole face and I lowered my gaze shyly.

"I don't want to be rude but could you tell me who sent you." I wondered. "And where I am."

My wolf felt agitated not knowing where we were and my mind was foggy with unclear images flashing from time to time. She nodded and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I was sent by Alpha Damon." she explained. "You are in the Redmoon pack."

My mouth hung with lips slightly parted and my eyes widend as if they could stretch. My mind was flooded with images of events and I felt as if a hurricane was hitting my head. Every thought bouncing in my skull but I focused on one. My agreement with Damon.

"Well, dear. As you see every cut that you had is almost healed. There are some spare clothes brought for you to wear. Okay?" Her voice pulled me back to reality. She stood to her feet and collected her medical equipment.

I offered a small nod and she was ready to make her way out of the room. However, she was stopped by the door opening unexpectantly catching both of us off guard. The intoxicating scent engulfed me and my eyes were locked with a pair of silver ones. My heart started pounding without my consent and it seemed as if we had been the only ones here.

"What a surprise Alpha. I was heading to your office just right now." The woman's words broke the unknown spell and I lowered my gaze.

"The lady is in stable condition with no severe injuries." She informed but Damon's eyes never left my figure. This made me pull the covers closer to me.

"Thank you Martha for your assistance. You may leave now." His familiar deep voice triggered unwanted feelings inside me.

The doctor bowed in respect and followed his orders without objection. The thud of the door closing signified that I was left alone here with him and the tention erupted in the room like a volcano. His face didn't betray a single emotion and his features remained stoic staring at me.

"Why did you drug me?" I asked softly lowering my head. My voice barely audible.

"Safety measures." his words piercing my heart. "My Beta will be here at any moment to escort you to your room."

I lifted my head to ask why he behaved that way. Why he was cold towards me. I hadn't even done anything to him, My wolf was whimpering unable to understand her own mate. His wolf wanted us but his human side dispised us. It was a war.

Before I could form a word he stepped out leaving me hanging there with his scent as the only sign of him ever been in the room. Tears started welling up my eyes and I clenched the covers tightly.

"We should have patience. He can't be that bad, right?" Aria tried to comfort me but the sting in my heart wouldn't go away.

I hope so.