Part 3

POV Adeline

It was a beautiful night and a warm atmosphere pervaded the air. Everyone was scatted in different areas of the wide green land enjoying their drink. Seconds passed by quickly and the moon was slowly becoming fuller illuminating the huge celebration. My father had set a party for my birthday and the fact that there was a full moon it was like a tradition for us to celebrate its completion.

"Nervous?" Jack asked and took a sip of his drink. His towering figure standing right next to me.

"A little." I replied truthfully and earned a soft squeeze on my hand. This made me tilt my head to his side and give him a small smile as a return. I was thankful that everything had turned back to normal in our relationship. It had been heartbreaking to see him battling alone his thoughts.

Averting my attention back to my fellow pack members, I distinguished the olders one dancing, others just chatting with each other and the younger ones running from one place to another. It was a sight to keep in my mind forever. My eyes trailled around the place a little more untill they zeroed in on the tall form of my father who was talking with my brother and our Beta.

They must be discussing about business again.

Few minutes flew like birds and finally the moment every member of the Puremoon pack was anticipating arrived with its turn. Everyones' eyes were pinned on the bright full moon which was shining vibrately in the dark sky. Happy howls and bones cracking filled the air at once.

From the corner of my eye, I caught sight of the leader of my father's personal guard moving briskly towards his Alpha. My stomach flipped as I noticed his bloody covered face and brusies all over his body. He seemed to be in hurry as he started talking with my father whose eyes widened. Multiple emotions passed through my father's face as he clenched his hands into tight fists.

The odd uneasy feeling creeping inside me was even stronger than ever before. It was similar to a constant reminder that was fighting for my attention. Orbs similar to ashes flashed before my eyes and my heart jolted unexpectedly.

"Everyone to the safety zone!"

My father's words rang in my head repeatedly as he ordered through our pack mind-link. My feet felt as if they had been planted into the ground and my heart was pounding uncontrollably inside my chest trying to register the situation. Screams of fear pierced the night and faces running away, passed by my frozen figure. Unknown wild wolves emerged from the forest snarling at all of us, showing their sharp teeth. Blurry images filled my eyesight.

Someone grabbing my hand pulled me away from the trance that I was captivated. My feet unconsciously hit the dirty ground and my body felt as if it had been possessed by a spirit.

"I'll take you to the Safety Zone. They'll take care of you there!"a familliar voice made me turn my head to the side. Through my hazy eyesight, I distinguished a pair of emerald eyes looking at me concerned.

Jack.

My senses seemed to return back to me and I offered a nod at him. With this, we hurtled as fast as our feet could master. My breaths came out sharp and painful trying to fill my brain and heart with oxygen. I could feel fear coursing through my veins because I was aware that If we got caught we woud be killed without a second thought.

Pleads and prays filled my mind as my feet felt on fire. My heart was aching, begging for the moon goddess' hand of help.

A wild growl made me snap my head and gasp as a wolf jumped from the dark bushes. His bloodthirsty black eyes glared at me and I closed my eyes shut awaiting the impact. However, before his keen teeth could cut me to pieces, Jack got in front of me and tackled him down.