Part 7

POV Adeline

My mind was still unable to comprehend what had happened few hours ago. My heart was jolting from the mere recalling of Damon's blazing stare and I placed my hand on my chest feeling my rapid heartbeat. My cheeks had turned a crimson shade and I closed my eyes for a moment to calm down my body. It was just his wolf, it was a moment of no control. I tried to put some sense into my head but the mate pull had drove me crazy. I still felt the tingles on my skin like soft summer waves hitting my skin.

With a deep sigh, I stood to my feet and opened the door of my room. I wanted to cool off my head and stop my thoughts before they could break my mind in half. Shutting the door behind me I started walking down the long hallway which was embellished with beautiful canvanses and illustrations. From the corner of my eye, I caught sight of two portraits being placed next to each other. This made me approach curiously and stand right in front of them.

On the first one, a beautiful woman was illustrated having a soft smile gracing her lips. Her breathtaking smoky eyes gazed at the me as she was sitting with folded hands and long light-brown hair was framing her face. On the other one, there was a man demostrated with inky hair and an authorative aura. His features were the absolute replica of Damon and my lips parted slightly staring at the portraits.

Looking at  the bottom area of them, my eyes widened as they fell upon a small inscription.

Luna Sarah of Redmoon Pack and Alpha Blake of Redmoon Pack.

To the memory of the Alpha and Luna who lost their lives defending their pack. You will always be in our hearts.

I felt as if an invisible hand squeezed air from my lungs when my eyes finished reading the last words. I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to this pack. Had a war broken out? My mind was racing with multiple thoughts as I moved away from these portraits and started my walk again. My curiosity building up like a volcano ready to erupt. My feet strolled down the hallway again still replaying repeatedly the information I had just found.

What has happened in this place?

Suddenly, a glimpse of light hit my eyes and I jerk my head to its direction. The light was penetrating through a small opening of a door which made me raise my eyebrow and come at a halt. My mind was debating about whether it was a good idea to get any closer or not. For some odd reason, though, it intrigued me and it felt as if it was calling out for me. As if under an unknow spell, my feet started moving on their own will and my fingers clenched themselves around the handle of the door.

Pushing the door open, my eyelids widened as a small gasp of fascination escaped my mouth. The room was marvelous compared to mine. A piano covered in dust made my eyes focus on it for a moment and I traced my fingers on its keyboards, pressing some of them in the process. This created a soft melody which broke the silence. A smile tugged on my lips as I gazed enchanted at the room which seemed to be someone's bedroom. Roses painted with the color of blood decorated the balcony and looked in perfect condition as if they had been carefully preserved. 

Averting my attention away from the view, my eyes zeroed on in a big portrait that represented the Alpha and Luna that I had previously seen at the hallway. However, this time they weren't they only ones illustrated. The woman was holding lovingly a baby in her embrance and there was a little boy with silver eyes standing next to the Alpha who had his hand placed gently on the boy's inky hair.

Smiles filled the painting and each one of them seemed to drown in happiness. What had caused him to change him so much?

A loud sound made me turn my head back and meet the familiar intense smoky eyes. My body tensed up as they glared at me clouded with fury. His long legs made sturdy steps towards me and my heart accelerated as I made few steps back. 

"Who on the fuck let you here?!" He yelled making me flinch at his aggressive tone. My heartbeat was racing rapidly and I lowered my head.

"Are they your parents?" I muttered awaiting his next outburst.

"That's none of your business." He stated making another step towards me.

"What happened to them? " I asked folding my arms on my chest and stepped backwards. He still hadn't stopped making dangerous steps to my direction.

"Who opened the door?" Damon ignored my question and I felt my back hitting a cold wall making me leave a gasp. 

He reached just in front of my figure, cornering me like a predator ready to attack his prey. This  made me raise my chin to meet his blazing eyes that were glimming with both anger and another feeling that made my body tingle. 

With clenched fists I refused to obey him and in return, I sent him a cold look but it was nothing compared to his stoic expression. His eyes were the only things showing the storm he had inside.

"Don't test me darling." He warned and grabbed my wrist.

This triggered tingles to erupt on our skin which didn't go unoticed by him. For a split second, he stayed frozen but I didn't move an inch to do anything. A growl left his lips and allowed my wrist free. 

"Go to your room. Now!" He commanded with words that didn't hold objection. His tone icy and controlling. 

I huffed trying not to say anything and with a last glare, I bolted towards the hallway. The soles of my feet hitting the ground until I reached back to my room and pushed the door shut with a loud thud. My nerves were on edge and I leaned on the door sliding down until I hit the floor. An exasperated sigh abandoned my chest as I pulled my knees closer to my figure. 

What a beautiful day!