Part 4

POV Adeline

The storm of our words had turned to ashes and the silence was as pure as the wintry snow covering the endless landscape in the lonely mountains. No words were echoed and my mind turned upside down with the unstoppable thoughts that flooded it. Neither him nor I had expressed anything, only cold unemotional looks. This wasn't how I imagined meeting my mate. I had never expected to be in blood and hateful glances.

He suddenly came at a halt which made me almost bump onto him but I quickly saw that coming and stopped in time. Raising my head, I arched an eyebrow questioningly at his movements but didn't say anything.

"I will let your family and pack alone."he stated making my eyes widen. "Under one condition."

The spark of hope vanished in an instant and I bit my lip nervously anticipating his words. He didn't utter a thing for a moment and then I heard his deep voice.

"Only if you leave your pack to stay in mine."

My body went limp hearing his offer and my mouth parted slightly trying to form words to say but my mind went lost. Why couldn't he just leave us alone? He didn't even want me in the first place.

"Why don't you just reject me?"my words bitter to my ears.

His body seemed to tense for a second and he turned his head to the side locking eyes with me.

Grey against blue.

Fog against ocean.

"My wolf won't rest until he has you next to him."he stated. "I don't feel this way, though."

His unfeeling words were similar to knives stabbing my heart and my wolf whimpered in pain as she heard him. However, a fake smile graced my face and I just looked at him straight in the eyes without betraying a feeling. He seemed taken aback by my sudden expression.

"I'll come with you." I said and his eyes narrowed slightly. "Just promise me that you will cease your attack and never bother my pack again."

My head was a wild waterfall of thoughts, debating about whether my decision was the best. My whole being longed for my mates touch, his love but I knew that these man's heart had blocked these feelings and with this, had created an invisible wall between us. I wanted to save my pack, my family and his offer was my only key.

"Trust me, my mate."his silver eyes shone dangerously. "I am the kind of person who keeps his promises."

~~~~~~~~•••~~~~~~~~~

"This way is your family."

I lift my head at his words and without a second thought, I stormed towards them. My heart fluttered as I saw that nobody was severely injured and my arms took them in my embrance. The past few hours had turned our life upside down and seeing them alive made a wide smile form on my face.

However, my eyes searched for a specific emerald pair of eyes but there was no trace of them. My lungs felt empty burning with fear as I tried to convince myself that he had made it. I wouldn't give up. He was one of the best warriors after all.

"Adeline you are safe." my mother cupped my face with welled up eyes. "I didn't know where have you been and suddenly, your father mind-linked to everyone that the attack stopped."

She sounded frightened looking into my eyes and I rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

My father made his way foward and I sensed Damon approaching which made me turn towards them. A hostile expression was plastered on my father's face as he clenched his fists tightly.

"What's the cost for letting my pack free?" my father's words ringing in the air. "Because I know that you aren't kind enough to do this out of generosity."