Chapter 6

Nova Rijn

With an open mouth I stared at Puck's face. A deep cut ran from his cheek to just below his eye. He was lucky it didn't go into his eye!

Around the wound was a lot of dried blood and some bandages that were soaked with blood.

"P-puck..." I stuttered with big eyes. Puck looked at his shoes and stood in front of me, uncomfortable. A silence fell, until he broke it.

"Uhm- I have to go."

He wanted to walk away, but before he got the chance I grabbed his arm. I saw the pain in his eyes when I held his arm. But I wasn't about to let go. He had to tell me what had happened first and then he would come to my house, so my mother could look at the wound.

She wasn't a doctor or a nurse or anything, but she had done a first aid course before.

"Nova, I have to go." Puck said more confidentially. He ripped his arm away from my grasp and walked away. Even though he was walking fast, I could see in how much pain he was.

"Puck!" I shouted, but he ignored me.

I didn't think and ran after him.

"Puck, wait!"

He did listen this time and stopped walking.

"What?" he snapped, but he apologized as soon as he had said it.

"I'm sorry, Nova. I didn't mean it like that, it just came o-"

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine." I said with a smile, dismissing his rude comment.

He relaxed again when he saw that I wasn't angry.

"Puck, what happened to your face? And don't you dare walk away!"

I looked at him with a serious expression so he'd know that walking away wouldn't be an option.

"I fell?"

I raised one eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"So you fell?" you could hear from my voice that I didn't believe him.

"Yeah, I fell."

Puck grinned and I just shook my head. I was certain that he hadn't fallen, but if he didn't want to tell me then fine. I'd figure it out on my own.

"I really have to go buy bandages now."

Puck was about to turn around but I stopped him.

"Puck, stop walking away from me! You have to come with me, my mother can check your cheek out."

While I was talking to him I reached out my hand and carefully examined the wound. I tenderly grabbed his chin and turned his head to the left, so I could see the wound better.

"Yeah, you definitely have to come with me."

-

I had paid for the groceries and Puck had wanted to buy bandages, but I told him that we had it at home.

So we were now walking back to my house. I still had my penny board clutched under my arm, since I was walking with Puck and it would be rude to roll away.

"We're almost there." I chuckle at the tired face Puck made. We walked into the street my house was in. I rang the doorbell and not much later mom opened the door.

"Hey hon-" she immediately stopped talking when she saw Puck.

At first she looked confused, then she saw the cut on his face.