Chapter 8

Jacob Light

With my eyes open I stared at the ceiling. Maddy rested her head against my bare chest. I had one arm draped around her and I knew she was starting to fall asleep. But I couldn't sleep myself.

"I love you, Jake." She mumbled.

"Love you too." I whispered back.

Did I really love her? Did I want to spend the rest of my life with her? Would I love her for the rest of my life? The questions kept repeating themselves in my head. But I didn't have the answers. Yes, I loved her. No, I wouldn't love her for the rest of my life.

I sighed deeply. It was all so hard.

Maddy wouldn't be able to handle us breaking up. But I still had my mate. My beautiful mate. My soul mate, my other half. I was sure that she was beautiful. She'd be a great Luna, I just knew it.

But what about Maddy?

I couldn't break up with her, because she was the future Luna. No matter how much I disliked it, it was the truth. I had searched for my mate, but I couldn't find her. I had visited many Packs. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

I carefully pushed Maddy away from me and soundlessly stepped out of bed. On my toes I walked towards my closet and grabbed some clothes. I quickly changed and softly left my bedroom.

'Jake, we have to talk.'

'Okay, I'll come to you.' I mind-linked my mother. Downstairs, I quickly wrote a note to Maddy saying that I would be at my parent's house and that she could wait here if she wanted to. I left it on the table and quickly put on my shoes. I didn't need a coat. It wasn't that cold outside; not for a werewolf at least.

I locked the front door; to make sure Maddy would be safe.

Even though we weren't mates, she could be in danger since she was the future Luna of this Pack. I followed the path and walked a little through the woods; my house was secluded from the others because I liked my privacy. I also wanted to be able to relax and get away from Alpha business.

I knocked on the door of my parents' house. I waited until the door would open and my mother would be in the doorway.

Then we'd have the conversation that I had been trying to avoid for as long as possible.

-

Puck van den Bosch

I walked in the front and opened the doors to the cafeteria. I didn't even realize what was happening, that's how fast it went. As soon as I set foot inside the cafeteria, something flew towards my face.

It wasn't a fist, what surprised me. It was followed by loud laughter. Female laughter.

I turned around and saw Nova with tears in her eyes from laughing so hard. I brought my hand up to my face and swiped away a handful of spaghetti. I held the spaghetti in my hand and kept staring at a laughing Nova.

"What's so funny?" It really wasn't nice to have spaghetti thrown into your face, especially not when you just walked into the cafeteria and everyone could see it happening.

"I-it look so-so fuh-nay-" Nova managed to get out in between laughter. But her laughter was soon interrupted by more flying food.

Now it was my turn to laugh. A huge portion of lasagna now covered Nova's face. She looked stunned for a second before joining me in my laughter.

My belly was starting to hurt from laughing so much. After standing there like that for a while and laughing at each other, Nova stopped laughing.

"Come on, let's go clean ourselves up." She said while she pulled me out of the cafeteria again. I had already wiped away most of the spaghetti on my face, so there was only some sauce left. I looked at Nova and started laughing again when I saw her face full of lasagna.

"Stop laughing." She tried to look serious and angry, but we both knew that she didn't succeed.

-

Nova Rijn

I tried to look serious and angry, but I failed miserably: it only caused me to start laughing again. I couldn't remember a time in which I had laughed as much as I had with Puck in just two days.

Without thinking twice about it, I pulled Puck into the girl's bathroom. Puck didn't seem to notice, he had his head in the clouds. It was like he was mumbling to himself, like he was having a conversation inside of him.

I grabbed some paper towels and threw some at Puck, who skillfully caught them.

"Nice, Puck!" I said with a laugh.

I stood in front of the mirror and wiped some lasagna from my head. When everything was gone, I took another paper towel and made it wet. I then wiped away the dried up sauce.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think about the story ;)

Oh and I have a new story; Afraid of the Dark *English*. Maybe you guys can read it? ;)

Comment, vote and follow?

x L.