Chapter 20

Jacob Light

The image of my beautiful Nova collapse kept playing in front of my eyes. The moment that she had come out of the tunnel had given me a feeling of relief.

But to have her unconscious in your arms a few minutes later while you hurried back to your territory was all but reassuring. Naturally, I had called for the Pack doctor as soon as we were in my home and he had said that there was nothing wrong. She was just exhausted.

Thousands of scenarios started playing in my head if that hadn't been the case. A low growl vibrated in my chest and I automatically moved more to Nova's side, where she was in a deep sleep. I softly wrapped my arm around her waist and gently pulled her towards me. Dan immediately calmed down and I also felt a lot better.

She was here, she was safe.

I lay my head in her neck and inhaled.

"Hmmm..." Nova softly mumbled because of my action. She automatically started moving slightly, causing Jacob Jr. to react. If she didn't stop moving now, I wouldn't be able to control Dan and I'd do things I would regret later.

Nova mumbled something incoherent, still in a deep sleep.

"Nova, stop mo-" I started, but I was interrupted by a mind-link.

'We have to talk.'

I tried mind-linking Maddy back, but she was already gone.

I let Nova go with a sig and tried to climb out of the bed as carefully as possible. I managed to leave the room with almost no sound and walk downstairs.

'Office.' Maddy said through the mind-link.

I rolled y eyes but still walked to the office. Maddy knew how important my night's rest was and wouldn't interrupt it for something stupid. Maddy's scent filled my nostrils and I opened the door to the office.

"Baby-" she moaned playfully and stood up from the couch she was lying on.

While she slowly walked towards me, she started unbuttoning her blouse. She was now a few meters away from me and slowly started pulling off her skirt.

I let my eyes wander over her barely covered body and Maddy stepped even closer. She trailed her finger down my bared body while planting small kisses on my neck.

That snapped me out of my trance. This wasn't right!

What the fuck was I doing?!

But I was too slow, because the moment I decided to step back I heard a startled yelp behind me.

Shit.

I turned around and saw a teary eyed Nova.

"I knew it." She mumbled and ran away.

I stayed put for a few seconds, frozen to the ground. But then Maddy decided to move her hand over my pants and I let out a low growl, warning her to stop.

I sprinted out of the room and followed Nova's delicious scent. Not that I had needed to follow it, since the loud sobs betrayed where she was.

"Nova." I said and knocked on the toilet door.

No answer.

"Nova." I repeated and pushed my arms against the door, leaning against it with my forehead.

"Nova, please, open the door."

But she still didn't answer.

"Beautiful, I'm serious. If you don't open the door, I'll break it down." I threatened.

"Piss off, you asshole!" Nova shouted with a shaky voice.

I swallowed. She was right.

I was an asshole, the worst kind.

"Nova please let me explain. It's not what you think, really!" I begged her.

"Fuck off!"

"Nova, I don't want anyone but you!" I screamed in frustration.

"Go fuck yourse-" Nova started but she abruptly stopped talking.

"Nova, please." I was almost in tears.

What had I done?

How could I have been so stupid?!

"Jake, what's going on here?" mom's voice spoke from behind me.

I was surprised to hear my mother at this time of night, and I turned around.

"Mom?"

"No, it's your father." She answered and rolled her eyes.

"Jake, why are you crying?" she asked when she saw my face. "What's going on?"

"I ruined everything..." I said with a shaky voice and looked at the ground.

A loud sob from the bathroom made my mother look away. She then turned back to me with questioning eyes.

She quickly made the connection and her gaze turned furious.

"Please tell me that that's not your mate in there, because I swear to god Jake, I will kill you with my own hands if you hurt that girl!" she shouted into my face.

"Go ahead, I can't live without her anyway." I mumbled in defeat and looked at my mother with teary eyes.

A silence fell in the hallway, but it was broken by the sound of a door unlocking.
Nova came out, still crying a little bit. She wiped the tears away from her cheeks. Her eyes were red and swollen and a horrible feeling formed in me.

This was all my fault.

All I wanted to do was walk over to her, take her into my arms and never let go. But I couldn't, and I had no one to blame but myself.

"Nova?" I tried again, but she ignored me completely.

"I want to go home." Was all she said while looking at my mother.

----------
Dramaaaaaaa ;)

Merry Christmas 🎅🏼❤️

x L