1.4

Violet: Do you ever think about how different things would be is it was dark all the time?

Luke: No.

Violet: I do. I think that life would be better.

Luke: How?

Violet: Because it would be like night time all the time. If I could I would be nocturnal.

Luke: Of course you would.

Violet: So, How was the MCR concert?

Luke: It was good.

Violet: What's wrong?

Luke: Nothing.

Violet: You're acting like me what happened?

Luke: Do I have to tell you?

Violet: If you where me, would you want me to tell you what was happening?

Luke: Yes.

Luke: my mum and dad are getting divorced.

Violet: If I may. Why?

Luke: My dad had an affair with some lady in Perth. He was always going to Perth for work, at least that's what we thought. It started right before I was born.

Luke: 19 years! 19 mother fucking years! He lied to our faces.

Violet: I never understood why people cheat on each other. If you're not happy with the relationship then break it off.

Violet: I'm sorry Luke. I truly am, but it's for the best. Would you want your parents to be happy and not together or unhappy and together?

Luke: I want my mum to be happy.

Violet: Then maybe this will be better for her. She could be suffering with you're father or she could be happy alone.

Luke: It's just not fair.

Violet: Trust me I know.

Violet: Things will get better.

Luke: I hope so.

Violet: Plus you're mum has you and you're brothers.

Luke: My brothers don't care.

Violet: Then she will have you. And that's good enough.

Luke: Thank you Vi.

Violet: No problem Hemmings.