4.0

•*• this is a really important chapter in this story •*•

Violet: Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are just shooting stars, cuz I could really use a wish right now wish right now.

Luke: Got a hole in my soul, growing deeper and deeper. And I can't take one more moment of this silence. The loneliness is haunting me. And the weight of the world's getting harder to hold up.

Violet: So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind. Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time. Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial. For what it's worth it was worth all the while.

Luke: So I'll sing a melody, And hope to God she's listening Sleeping softly while I sing And I'll be your memories. Your lullaby for all the times. Hoping that my voice could get it right.

Violet: Statues and empires are all at your hands, Water to wine and the finest of sands. When all that you have's turnin stale and its cold, Oh you'll no longer fear when your heart's turned to gold.

Luke: So open your eyes and see The way our horizons meet And all of the lights will lead Into the night with me And I know these scars will bleed But both of our hearts believe All of these stars will guide us home.

Violet: And I just can't keep living this way So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground I've had enough, now I'm so fed up Time to put my life back together right now!

Luke: What if What if we start to drive
What if What if we close our eyes
What if Speeding through red lights into paradise Cause we've no time for getting old Mortal body; timeless souls Cross your fingers, here we go Oh, oh, oh

Violet: Here we are at the top of the hill - a hill that's quietly crumbling, Been a while since you dressed for the kill- the kill that sent me tumbling, Looking up, I see a falling star, and watch its fire burn into the floor, I am left standing on the edge, Wondering why we fall so hard, why we fall so hard.

Luke: Born a saint But with every sin I still wanna be holy I will live again Who we are Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory.

Violet: We were making history Breaking rules and breaking free Questioning the writing on the wall Coming from the underground Laughing as we're falling down Soaking in the glory of it all.

Luke: It's not like you to say sorry I was waiting on a different story This time I'm mistaken For handing you a heart worth breaking And I've been wrong, I've been down, Been to the bottom of every bottle
These five words in my head Scream "are we having fun yet?"

Violet: Though I'm weak and beaten down, I'll slip away into this sound, The ghost of you is close to me, I'm inside-out, you're underneath.

Luke: 'Cause these words are knives and often leave scars The fear of falling apart
And truth be told, I never was yours The fear, the fear of falling apart.

Violet: And I don't wanna walk away But you left me no choice Only talking to myself here Now you've muffled your voice I'd rather have broken bones
Than feel myself turn to stone.

Luke: Growing distance free of explanation We're getting deeper in this mess Take careful contemplation I'd rather be spitting blood Than have this silence fuck me up.

Violet: I know you know that I Made those mistakes maybe once or twice And by once or twice I Mean Maybe a couple a hundred times So let me oh let me
Redeem oh redeem oh myself tonight
Cause I just need one more shot at second chances.

Luke: I'm thinkin' That we could make forever after all, Finding the gold in our darkest moments, Watching the roads turning into white roses, roses,  And we don't ever have to leave these walls,
I'll be the boy with the silver lining,
You'll be the girl with the cinderblock garden.

Violet: I really am sorry.

Luke: I know.

Violet: I'm sorry.

Luke: It's ok. Good night. Loves and hugs.

Violet: Good night Luke, Love you.