Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Immediately after the orders were given, the weapon control officers onboard Amderestan Military Shuttle Alpha-Sierra 99-A, Amderestan Military Shuttle Alpha-Sierra 99-B, Amderestan Military Shuttle Alpha-Sierra 99-C, Amderestan Military Shuttle Alpha-Sierra 99-D, Amderestan Military Troop Transport Alpha-Sierra 99-E, Amderestan Military Troop Transport Alpha-Sierra 99-F, and Amderestan Military Troop Transport Alpha-Sierra 99-G began to fired torpedeos and missiles at a number of ISBM Missile Batteries.

Upon their launch from each shuttle and transports' missile launchers and torpedeo launchers, each missile and torpedeo locked onto nearby ISBM Batteries that transmitted a Sancalian Federal Military transponder signal, and made a beeline towards each installation. One after the other, the Inter-Stellar Ballistic Missile Batteries were impacted and destroyed.

However, the Amderestan Military personnel onboard the Forrester, Cessna, Keerria, Lerrinia, Amdoria, Astoria, and Alneta still faced almost constant attacks from dozens of Sancalian Federal Military shuttles and transports along with a few starships, cruisers, and destroyers. This began to put a toll on the 30,000 Amderestan Military personnel most of who were on alert 24/7.

In the Forrester's Lower Armory, as they had done countless times over the past fews days, Deputy Chief Armory Officer Lieutenant Colonel Eddans, along with other Armory officers and enlisted personnel would repeat the process of load, target, and fire in regard to dispatching of Sancalian Federal Military shuttles and transports.

At the Lower Armory's targeting display console which showed the Forrester, Cessna, Keerria, Lerrinia, Amdoria, Astoria, and Alneta as green triangles, Lieutenant Commander Eric Thompsons noticed five dozen Sancalian Federal Military starships, cruisers, and destroyers on approach towards the Forrester and the other Amderestan Military vessels in that area of space.

"Sir, there are sixty-four Sancalian Federal Military starships, crusiers, and destroyers approaching from bearing zero-two-eight, zero-four-zero, zero-six-seven, zero-seven-five, zero-seven-niner, zero-eight-three, and zero-niner-zero." Lieutenant Commander Eric Thompsons "Range 12 million kilometers and closing."

Immediately thereafter, the six forward and six aft missile and torpedeo launcher which had missiles and torpedeos loaded into them were pointed at the direction where the seven groups of Sancalian Federal Military starships, crusiers, and destroyers came from. Once target locks were achieved, another Armory Officer, Lieutenant Nathans pressed the button which fired the missiles and torpedeos at the sixty-four Sancalian Federal Military starships, crusiers, and destroyers.

"The Commanding Officer of that Sancalian Federal Military Combat Assault Taskforce picked a really great time to come after us." Ensign Abrams commented to three enlisted personnel who loaded another torpedeo into one of the aft starboard launchers.

"You mean Commander Erricson and the CO's of the Cessna, Keerria, Lerrinia, Amdoria, Astoria, and Alneta sending all of shuttles and transports to attack the ISBM Batteries?" Sargeant Major Kevins responded as the torpedeos he and the other enlisted persons nearby loaded in the starboard aft launchers were fired toward the Sancalian Federal Military vessels which by then had reached weapon's range of the Forrester's missiles and torpedeos.

"Of course Kevins, that's exactly what I'm taking about." Ensign Abrams responded to Sargeant Major Kevins in matter-of-fact way.

On the Forrester's Bridge, Commander Erricson established a ship-to-ship Video Audio Communication Screen transmission between the Forrester, Cessna, Keerria, Lerrinia, Amdoria, Astoria, and Alneta. "Forrester Actual to Cessna, Keerria, Lerrinia, Amdoria, Astoria, and Alneta, concentrate your laser fire on the shuttles and transports targeting the supply transports."