Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Shortly after he dismissed the six members of the Alcasian Republic Military Chiefs of Staff from the Defense Ministry building's conference room, Alcasian Republic President John Acres returned to his office in the Executive Building. Once there, he opened an encrypted video audio communication screen transmission to the Alcasian Republic's ambassadors on Gersan and Lerran.

Once the authentication process had confirmed the identities of Ambassador Greg Thalin, and Ambassador Thompson, the video feeds showing the two middle-aged Alcasian men seated in their offices at the Alcasian Republic's Embassies on Gersania and Lerrania appeared beside each on the screen.

"Ambassadors, I want you two to pay a visit to the Gersanian President and the Lerranian President?" Alcasian Republic President John Acres told his ambassadors.

"Concerning what, exactly?" Ambassador Greg Thalin inquired of his president.

Alcasian Republic President John Acres pondered about that for a bit. How much was he willing to tell his two Ambassadors there on Gersania and Lerrania? A little bit, a lot or give out that information on a compartmented need-to-know basis.

"My intention is to open up additional fronts against the AFM controlled area of space in the northern half of our galaxy." Alcasian Republic President John Acres answered Ambassador Greg Thalin, and Ambassador Thompson. "I want you to meet with the Gersanian President and Lerranian President concerning the deployment of Alcasian Republic Military forces inside the Gersania Galaxy and the Lerrania Galaxy.

"Mr. President, are you talking about what we think you are?" Ambassador Thompson responded after he what Alcasian Republic President John Acres told him had some time to sink in.

"I am, Ambassador." Alcasian Republic President John Acres responded. "This discussion says between us. Don't mention any of this to your embassy staff."

"Understood." Ambassador Thompson responded as he terminated his end of the video audio communication screen transmission which caused the video feed of him seated in his office to disappear. Shortly afterward, Ambassador Greg Thalin also terminated his end of the encrypted video audio communication screen transmission and the video feed of himself in his own office disappeared as well.

Over on the surface of Gersania situated at the center of the Gersania Galaxy, Ambassador Greg Thalin exited his office located on the fifteenth floor of the Alcasian Republic's embassy building there in Gersania City, and made his down several floors to the ground floor entrance to the building.

Once he reached the main entrance to the embassy building, Ambassador Greg Thalin climbed into the passenger side of his speeder, and turned to his speeder pilot, a Gersanian male who appeared to be in his early fifties.

"Where to, Ambassador?" The Gersanian Speeder Pilot requested of Greg Thalin.

"The Presidental Building." Ambassador Greg Thalin answered. With that the Gersanian activated the speeder's anti-grav propulsion system and piloted the speeder along the main road inside the government district of Gersania City toward the Gersanian Repubic's Presidental Building located next to their Senate Building.

"So, meeting with our president then?" Gersanian speeder pilot commented as he continued to pilot the speeder through the dense late-afternoon traffic towards the President Building.

Ambassador Greg Thalin however sat quietly in the speeder and pondered what he would say to the Gersanian Republic's President once he made it up to his office.

After several minutes had gone by, the Gersanian Speeder Pilot arrived at the front entrance to the Presidential Building. Once the speeder came to a stop, Ambassador Greg Thalin climbed out of the speeder and made his way inside the main entrance to the twenty story tall building.