Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

At 0700 Hours the next day, Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester, her twin brother Lieutenant Commander Timothy Forrester, and Captain Effabs looked out of the large plasma window along the port side wall of Amderestan Military Spacedock Alpha 1's Level 16 observation room as the Forrester released the moorings that held the starship to the spacedock.

On the bridge of the Forrester-class starship Forrester, Commander Erricson who took a seat in the command chair looked around at Colonel Jefferson seated at the flight control console, Admiral Keltan seated at the weapon control console, Admiral Linns seated at the scanner control console, and Captain Evans seated at the communications console.

"All personnel, this your CO speaking." Commander Erricson said into command chair's intercom unit which broadcasted his voice throughout the Forrester to all 5,000 officers and enlisted personnel onboard. "Our orders are to proceed to the Sancalian border parallel to the Northeast Astoria Galaxy. Colonel Jefferson input a course for the Astoria Territory-Sancalian Federation border and take us to hyperlight speed."

"Aye sir." Colonel Jefferson responded as he entered in the coordinates mentioned in the communique sent to the Forrester by the AMCOS and slowly brought the starship up to Hyperlight speed.

In the Forrester's Engineering Section, Chief Engineering Officer Colonel Luke Essan stood near one of the hyperlight reactor control panels and watched the levels as the Forrester went increased in speed from Hyperlight Speed 1 to Hyperlight Speed 30.

"Engineering to Bridge, hyperlight reactor is running normally." Lieutenant Colonel Essan said into the intercom unit situated by the door controls on the Forrester's 4th Deck. He looked down at the Santurian T-4557 Hyperlight Reactor which glowed a bluish color.

A couple of other Engineering Officers and enlisted personnel kept an eye on the thrusters, and other systems which seemed to run normally for the most part.

Over in the Lower Armory, Lieutenant Colonel Eddans looked around at the several dozen other officers and enlisted personnel assigned to loading and firing of ordinance from the forward and aft laser turrets, missile launchers, and torpedeo launchers. A lot of the Amderestan Military personnel assigned to the Forrester's two Armories had seen quite a bit of space combat against the STPLA Forces while others were recently assigned to the Forrester and had yet to see combat.

Back on the Forrester's Bridge, Commander Erricsan got up from the command chair, exited the bridge and went into the CO's Office directly beside it while his Executive Officer, General Kevins sat down in the command chair.

In the Forrester's CO's Office, Commander Erricson sat in front of the Computer Access Terminal Screen and accessed the intelligence reports sent to him from Amderestan Military Chief of Staff Commander Brian Jacobs pertaining to the situation along the Sancalian border.

While the Forrester made its way towards the Compassia Territory's border with the Sancalian Federation, Commander Jonathan Lencon who had spent the last few hours with about 700 others on Passenger Transport Alpha 55444-K looked out the plasma window to his right as the transport approached Reyen. Amderestan Military Base Alpha 14-A which he had been commanding officer of back during the AGA-NGA-Blackanian War was also visible as well.

On the bridge of Passenger Transport Alpha 55444-K, the flight control officer adjusted the transport's course heading as not to enter the restricted area of space around Amderestan Military Base Alpha 14-A.

"Transport Alpha 55444-K, this is Reyen Approach." A Traffic Control Officer said over the Video Audio Communication Screen's transceiver. "We have you on course heading one-one-niner for Landing Platform Alpha 89993-S, adjust heading to course zero-niner-two and switch over to Reyen Aerial Traffic Control."