Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Back onboard the Forrester, Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester and Lieutenant Commander Timothy Forrester terminated their Video Audio Communication Screen transmissions with Commander Jonathan Lencon and placed their Video Audio Communication Screens back in their field bags.

After a couple of minutes, Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester and his twin sister Lieutenant Commander Timothy Forrester exited the Forrester's Lower Armory and proceeded up the stairwell to Deck One. From there, the two of them proceeded down the midships corridor and the Deck 1 Starboard Airlock onto Spacedock Alpha 1.

Andrea and Timothy proceeded down the midship corridor on Spacedock Alpha 1's fifteen level past a holographic simulation room in which systems onboard a starship, crusiers, or destroyer could be tested, several assembly rooms where missile launchers and torpedeo launchers were put together, along with several others.

"Could we get personnel from those assembly rooms?" Lieutenant Commander Timothy Forrester commented to his sister Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester as they walked past the centrally-located elevator.

"Most likely not, Tim." Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester told her twin brother as they entered a gym which had several exercise machines currently in use by Amderestan Military Engineering Corps officers and enlisted personnel.

"Okay everyone, stand to attention." Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester told the fifty Amderestan Military Engineering Corps officers and enlisted personnel. "Quickly now, we don't have all day here!"

On instinct, the AMEC officers and enlisted personnel who ranged in rank from Lieutenant, Ensign, Chief Warrant Officer on down to Private got off the various exercise machines and lined up in two lines facing one another.

"Are any of you currently attached to any vessel construction projects?" Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester inquired of the fifty Amderestan Military Engineering Corps officers and enlisted. "If not, you assigned to the Forrester, effective immediately."

"Permission to speak, Ma'am." An AMEC Enlistee with the rank of Sargeant spoke up.

"Granted, Sargeant." Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester responded as she stopped in front of him.

"Ma'am, why are we being assigned to the Forrester?" Sargeant Tom Larrans inquired. "And why does the Forrester need to disembark in three days from now?"

"Sargeant, the current number of AMEC crews working onboard the Forrester at their current number will not be able to get everything completed in three days. Secondly, Commander Erricson was ordered by the AMCOS to commandeer any AMEC crew to finish the Forrester's construction. Since that has not happened yet, Commander Jonathan Lencon ordered the two of us to get any AMEC officer or enlistee regardless of rank to do just that." Lieutenant Commander Andrea Forrester told Sargeant Tom Larrans. "The details of the Forrester's pending deployment is need to know and you don't. Report to the Forrester for your duty assignments, ASAP."

Sargeant Tom Larran, and the other forty-nine Amderestan Military Engineering Corps officers and enlistees currently in Spacedock Alpha 1's Level 15 Gym walked out of the room and proceeded down the midship corridor to the port airlock from which they boarded the Forrester.

Lieutenant Nathan Anderson who was in charge of the specific Amderestan Military Engineering Corps crew waited in the Forrester's Deck 1 starboard airlock corridor access junction with Sargeant Tom Larran and the other forty-eight officers and enlistees for their temporary duty assignment.

"Sir, shouldn't we report directly to Commander Erricson?" Another Amderestan Military Engineering Corps enlistee with the rank of Sargeant Major inquired.