Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten  

"Of course, Mr. Alderan." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester responded as she and Timothy walked into the living room of Apartment B445. Andrea and Timothy looked around the apartment which had a couch situated in front of a Videoscreen situated on a table in the middle of the room.

"Take a seat on the couch, I'll be with you momentarily." Mr. Alderan said to Andrea and Timothy as he gestured with his hand towards the couch.

Andrea and Timothy walked around the table with the Videoscreen on top in the center of the room and sat down on the couch. After a minute or so, Mister Alderan came back into the living room with two glasses of water.

"Here you go." Mr. Alderan said to Andrea and Timothy as he sat in chair to their left situated at angle towards the videoscreen. "I see you've meet my nieces and nephew already."

"That's right, they were in the elevator. Did you send them down to meet us?" Lieutenant Andrea Forrester inquired of Mr. Alderan as she turned towards his direction.

"I might have, Lieutenant." Mr. Alderan answered as he sat forward in his chair. "Seems you two have gained quite a reputation. I pity anyone who gets in your way. Let me ask you this: were you two followed or noticed on your way here?"

Both Andrea and Timothy thought about how to answer the question presented to them. "Not that we're aware of. I didn't notice anyone follow my brother or I." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester responded. "Did you, Tim?"

Lieutenant Timothy Forrester thought a second. "I didn't notice anyone follow us between the anti-grav planetary transport platform and this suburb."

"Just wanted to make sure. After all, I have my brother's three kids to look after." Mr. Alderan said to Andrea and Timothy.

"Excuse me, we're teenagers. Get it right." Sophie Alderan responded to her uncle while Sara and her younger brother nodded in agreement with her remark.

Tom Alderan chuckled to himself and returned his focus to Andrea and Timothy Forrester seated on the couch. "As I was saying, I'm the guardian for my teenaged nieces and nephew while my brother is deployed in the Alcasia Galaxy and well let's just say I don't want anything to happen to them."

"That's understandable." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester responded. "In your AIS message, you said you want to meet with us concerning our investigation into the AUO."

"According to my sources connected with the AUO, the AUO President himself might be connected with or possibly signed off on an assassination on your grandfather." Tom Adain said to Andrea and Timothy who both wanted to give the AUO's President a piece of their minds. "From what I've heard, nobody was supposed to survive the bombing of Adain's Bar."

The news that the AUO intended to not only kill Major General Jack Forrester but also Luke Adains and anyone in who had been inside Adain's Bar at that time hit Andrea and Timothy like a shuttle takeoff.

"Damn, what about Jonathan Tenlon? Considering how we had a President and Deputy President assassinated while still in office, would they go after a former one?" Lieutenant Andrea Forrester asked with concern.

Tom Alderan thought for that for moment. "Well, it would be pretty brazen to attempt such a thing in the first place. I bet the AUO President is expecting you two to pay him a visit. I would use that against him. Here's my Video Audio Communiucation Screen frequency if you want to keep in touch."

"Thank you, Sarah, Sophie, and whatever your brother's name is behave for your uncle and keep safe." Lieutenant Andrea Forrester said to Sarah Alderan, Sophie Alderan and their brother as she and Timothy from the couch.