Chapter 8

(Alpha Brax)

These rogues are starting to become an issues for me. I've never had a problem killing them but I can't kill as many if they keep appearing in groups.

My men can't handle this. And I refuse to put females and mates on the lines. I'm growing frustrated trying to find their main location but they mask their scent every time I send trackers.

Knock.... Knock.... Knock

"Enter Jeremiah." I watch as my Beta walks through my twin oak doors.

"Alpha." He salutes me by Bowing his head.

"Is there something I can help you with since you insist on disturbing me?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"My apologies but you should be getting ready. We have that meeting to attend to." He says while lowering his gaze because it's disrespectful to challenge an Alpha.

I sigh putting both hands on the desk and lowering my head.

"Can't you attend without me. This rogue infestation is not something to be takin lightly. I can't leave now. Not while they keep attacking my territory!" I bang my fists on the desk because I'm tired of this madness.

I look over at my Beta who's just staring at the wall with his eyes clouded over. He must be mind linking someone.

"You do not have to attend. I just spoke to the head council and you are dismissed from this meeting considering the rogues are a problem. But he does insist on you coming to the next meeting with your father." Jeremiah says with his arms crossed.

I wave him off and he takes that as his sign to leave. Jeremiah has been my beta since I took over the Alpha position. But he has been a close friend since I was born. I am only older than him by a year but he seems to be the only one who understands where I'm coming from.

Shaking my head of all thoughts I decided to go for a run around the perimeter. But before that I decided to send out a mind link.

'Children 16 and under are not allowed to be outside after 10. Anyone who disobeys these rules are to be punished. Those of you who are older must take the main rode into town. There is nothing to worry about but you are NOT to take a walk through the woods.'

'Yes, Alpha' is all I get back before I shut off the link.

Walking out of my room and down the 7 story house I'm greeted by my pack members as the bow their heads.
It is a sign of respect. And everyone is to respect me.

"Herro Alfa!" I look down and see 2 year old Samuel. A pack members young boy.

"Samuel. How are you?" I ask as I bend down to his level. I do not like children but I'll make an exception for this child.

"I ok. Mommy won't let me have cookies" he says with a frown.

"All for good reasons Sammy. How many times have I told you not to runaway from me?" Samantha says looking disapprovingly at her son.

"Alpha" she bows her head. And picks up Samuel as he laughs.

Although I don't see what's funny. He should be ashamed for acting defiant against his own mother.

"I sowwy mommy." He says as he reaches to give her a hug.

"Samantha, how are you?" I repeat the same question I asked her son moments ago.

"I'm fine thank you for asking. How are you?" Small talk. Interesting.

"I'm well. I must be going. I will see you all around. Samuel, you'll do well to listen to your mother right?" I Ask raising an eyebrow at him.

I can tell the kids scared but it doesn't affect me. Kids should learn their place.

"Yes Alfa" he hides his face in the crook of his mothers neck.

I nod my head at the two and go heading towards the front door. I'm not interested in small talk. Or being anyone's friend. My priority to this pack is to lead and protective them.

Being their friends is not one of them. I may seem harsh to those who may not have the same mind set as me but I do things for a reason and I'll be damned if I let anyone question my loyalty to this pack!

With that in mind I start running and shred my clothes as I change into my midnight colored wolf. I run as fast as I can to the perimeter to see if the patrollers are doing their job.

I run to the clearing where the patrollers are and search for the main patroller, Isaac.

'Alpha' they lower their heads and I nod at them.

''Any news of the rogues Isaac?'

'None. They've seem to be gone now but I've doubled up patrol just in case.' He says while looking around.

I look around as well and see he's right. There's twice as many patrollers than there should be. He never ran that idea through me.

'I am to be notified if a decision like this is made. Or should be made Isaac.' I growl at him because he knows better than this.

'I'm sorry Alpha. I'll be sure to tell you next time. It was in no means to disrespect you' he says as he lowers his wolf head.

'Very well. Proceed gentlemen." I nod at them and leave.

I wonder how my father is doing at the meeting I should really mind link him.

'Dad? How's the meeting going? Are you alright?' Despite my hard personality my father is the only one I show affection to.

'I'm fine son. I was hoping you'd come to this meeting it's very important but I understand why you had to stay.' He says.

'I'll attend the next one. Mind link me if there are any problems.'

'I'll be fine.'

With that I end the mind link. I need to revaluate the rogue situation. So, I head to my office to do just that.

Before I enter I see mates of all kind. Old mates, young mates, fresh mates. It makes me think if I'll find mines but it wouldn't matter. I'll reject her as my mate and Luna because a mate doesn't fit into my system.

They will only be in the way.