Chapter 44

(Eva's POV)

               Today's the day. I don't know how to feel after last night. Should I even go? Or Should I just stay and wait the inevitable? 

                        I looked out the window of my room and thought about how much I'm going to miss this view.

                   Knock knock knock.

                      "Come in."

                       In walked Nate and he was holding a paper. I glanced at him and then I looked back out the window.

                     "I have your plane tickets. There's an earlier flight and there's one for later on tonight. I figured after everything that happened last night I figured you'd like to choose when to leave."

                    He handed me the tickets and I took them. There was a flight at 10 am or there was one at 12pm.

                "Which do you want me to take?" I whispered. I put both of the tickets inside the envelope and looked out the window again.

                  "Eva.. It's up to you. I know things are going to be hard. But this will be good for you, a fresh start."

                    A fresh start?

                  "Wait.. Y-you want me to stay there? Forever?"

                  Nate sighed and looked at me.

                  "There's an Alpha in Rome. He's allowed you to stay there for awhile. You might find a different ... Mate to love. And someone who loves you."

               I laughed. I can't believe this. He wants to get rid of me.

                 "You're just like dad. But instead of sending the victim away you send the problem. "

                     I got up and grabbed my towel.

                    "I'll be down for breakfast in a little." I closed the door and waited till he left.

                    I heard his footsteps leave and I slid down my door. These days were suppose to be well spent with everyone.

                Now, I'm just a problem they think they can just send away.

                      I got up from the floor, and headed towards the shower. No. No matter what I will make this a good day.

                     I finally got out of the shower and decided to get dress. I left my hair it's natural curls, and put on some pants, and a big sweater. I didn't bother with my makeup and threw on some random sandals.

                  I took a deep breath and looked at the dress that was still on my bed. I looked at the note and hid that one with the rest.

                But there was another.

               "Speak a word and they all die, Evangeline. No one shall know the truth. Let them hate you, it'll be easier for you when you're gone."