Chapter 37

(Eva's POV)

                     I woke up and looked at the clock, 7:45. Breakfast will be in about and 30 minutes.

                       I didn't bother taking a shower. My body still hurt from last night. Last night.... I wish I would've gotten her name.

                        I don't think I could ever forgive myself for what I did. Her face... Like it was a blessing that I killed her. She looked so at peace.

                       But that still doesn't make it better. I killed an innocent. I could feel my throat tightening and I didn't want to cry anymore. I was tired of crying.

                       So I wiped the little tears that were about to fall and decided to get ready. I threw on some jeans, and a black and white tank top that said "fries before guys" it always made me smile.

                     I put on some converse, mascara, eye liner and some red lipstick. I pushed my hair down and finally brushed  my teeth. My lips was still busted and I still had scratches.

I guess I'll just have to avoid eye contact. Hear goes nothing.

                         I headed downstairs but before I could, I saw a note on my floor.

                         "Eyes that hear, and ears that speak. Some want the truth but do not let them seek. Stop the questions now for they will not get, what happened early morn is a secret." - go to the teacup restaurant at 9. At 9:30 There will be a package delivered to you. Wait for further instructions. - Unknown.

                      A secret. I hate lying to them. To everyone. I crumbled the paper and threw it in the box under my bed. I grabbed my purse, helmet, and keys.

                    I walked down the stairs and I can hear everyone talking. I smelled Braxton and I know he can smell me too. Great. I walk into the dinning room but don't look up.

                     "I'm leaving. I'll be back later on." I go to take a step in the other direction but my father stops me.

                           "Evangeline."

                          I don't turn around but I answer.

                              "Yes?"

                               "Look at me."

                              "Dad, I really have to go."

                             "Now, Evangeline."

                           I slump my shoulders in defeat and turn towards my father. I finally look at him and he's out of his seat.

                         "What on earth happened to you?"

                           "I.... I... Nothing. It's nothing." I take my face out of his hands but he just holds on tighter this time.