Chapter 46

(Eva's POV)

I walked down the stair case arm laced with my father as we saw people from our pack, mingling with people from other packs.

Soft music was playing, every girl had their makeup and nails done. Beautiful dresses were worn and all the guys looked equally as handsome.

But one guy caught my attention right away.

Unknown.

            I saw him just standing there in the back corner watching me with a wine glass in his hand. He took a sip and looked away.

I could feel my stomach drop knowing he was so calm about all of this. It wasn't the fact that he was here that scared me.

It was the fact that no one else took notice of his presence.

              Everyone acted like they didn't notice someone unfamiliar on our territory. But then again, near by packs attended but I still don't see why they didn't question why he didn't smell like anything.

He looked up at me from his wine glass and smiled a sickening smile. A smile that made me want to turn around and run back up to my room.

My father must've noticed the way my body tensed because he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't be nervous. You look beautiful Evangeline." I kept my eyes on unknown but nodded my head so that my father knew that I heard him.

My father and I reached the bottom of the stairs and people came to introduce themselves to my father. Mostly past alphas and Luna's.

"You must be very proud of your son David." A past alpha said as he and my father spoke.

"I couldn't be any prouder. I know Nathaniel is new to this but I know he will be a great leader."

They both talked, and the Luna jumping in here and there giving her two scents.

I looked around the room and found the one person I was looking for.

Braxton.

There he stood, wearing a midnight blue suit and tie. His gold watch, to match his somewhat gold tie. His hair looked amazing, he had a nice clean shave and hair cut. The way His jaw would clench when he spoke made him even more unbelievably sexy.

I guess he felt my eyes on him because he turned his head and stared right at me. If I could, I would just jump into his arms and never let go.

Starring at him was like starring into a painting. His eyes were painted with different emotions but it was perfectly framed by an artist.

We stood there and starred. I looked at him so intently because I knew today might be the last time I could see those gorgeous eyes.

Why he was starring, was beyond me. But I really wasn't complaining. It wasn't until I felt a hand being placed on the back of my back that I broke eye contact with Braxton and looked at my distraction.