Chapter 42

(Eva's POV)

                       After the check up the pack Doctor left and I fell asleep. I hated Braxton right now but his bed was sooo comfortable. It was like I was sleeping on a cloud and nothing else mattered.

                       I heard talking outside of the door but I really couldn't hear much. So I focused a little harder and I heard them talking.

                      "You need to get over it Braxton. It's been a couple of years man. I'm sorry but she's gone.. Angelica is gone and she's never coming back."

                    I heard a lamp suddenly break and someone hit the wall.

                         "You will mind your own business Joshua. You are never to speak of her again! Or So help me god I will kill you myself."

                         It was quiet until Josh spoke again.

                       "Look at you. Acting like a child because of something that you can't change! I'm trying to help you here! You need a mate and we need a Luna and you know that. She seems like a nice person, you need to get over Angelica."

                 With that, I heard footsteps leave and the only sound left was the sound of someone's heavy breathing.

                        I heard Rosie whimper and I don't blame her. Is that why Braxton won't let me in? Because he's in love with someone else?

                         "I thought he and rider actually cared about us.. But he's in love with someone else.."

                         I didn't know what to say because what she's saying is exactly what I'm thinking. But Hearing the way her voice broke just broke me even more.

                       "Oh Rosie. It's going to be ok."

                        I was going to comfort her again until I heard the door nob move. I sat up in bed and waited until they came in. They meaning Braxton.

                    He wore a white v neck and some sweatpants. His hair looked pretty messy, and he looked really tired. I looked up into his eyes and all I saw was frustration.

                 "You're awake." It wasn't a question but more like a statement.

                    I looked away from his eyes and down at my hands that were placed on my lap and that were intertwined with each other.

                          "Yes."

                   It was quiet. He stood there with crossed arms as he leaned up against the door.

                      "I see some of your injuries have healed. You may take a shower, and come down for dinner. I'll have someone bring you..."

                      I didn't want to stay here any longer then necessary. I just wanted to get home.

                       "No. I'm fine. If you could just get me some clothes to change into, I'll have no problem getting home by myself."

                      Again he didn't speak. I looked up to see what he was doing but he had his eyes closed. And his head was laid back against the door.