Chapter 34

(Braxton's POV)

                       (Last night before they had breakfast.)

                       I walked into my room and threw off my shirt. Rogue Sightings have been occurring all night. My pack is starting to question whether they are safe or not.

They question their safety only. Their loyalty is without question. The same people who follow me are the same ones who agree with my system of my pack.

I grabbed a rag off of my dresser and wiped my face.

I over looked the yard of my pack. Mothers are with their children, fathers are training and the prepubescent teens are watching, amazed that their fathers are their idols .

I've recalled many times where I was once one of them. But instead of training I was learning about how to run a meeting, how and when to argue when you disagree with someone. I see my fathers black SUV pull up and I know he's come to talk about breakfast at Alpha Nathaniel's house. Again.

I, personally, don't care to go half the time. I wouldn't be going at all but even an Alpha who doesn't want a mate has to know she's ok. Not for my sake but for my wolfs sake.

He's been feeling what Evangeline feels now, since we've had a lot of physical contact. Last night she was afraid and sad. I couldn't understand why but she was angry as well.

The mate side of me wanted to comfort her and oblige by her every wish and command. But the logical side of me knew If I did, the mate bond would only increase. And that was the last thing I needed.

Although I try to avoid confrontations, conversations, and physical touch I can always feel her starring.

I like her to think I don't know simply because I find it amusing that she could be so naive as to think I'm not observant.

I can smell my father and a couple moments later he's opening my door.

"We've discussed your lack of knocking. You need to start obeying that rule father." I turn to grab a towel so I could take a shower.

"Yes but all the times you haven't knocked when your mother and I were enjoying our private time, I figured this is pay back." I give him a blank look and head towards the shower.

"I'm having breakfast at David's house, care to join me?"

I've started the shower by now but I could still hear him.

"I suppose so. Give me 20 minutes and we'll leave as soon as I'm ready. Please inform Jeremiah that he will need to company us as well. And tell Joshua he is to watch over to pack."

I strip my clothes and let the steam and burning water hit my muscles. My mind tends to feel at ease when I shower. As if I'm on a cloud of nothingness and the earth is what carries all my burdens.

"As you wish."

My father leaves and I tend to my business.

When I've completed my shower, I step out and I get dress in my normal attire. A regular suit and tie.

My hair is some what slicked back but yet loose. As if I just woken out of bed and decided to be careless with my hair.