Chapter 2

Tatums POV 2

After I got out of my shower I changed into a pair of red shorts and a white lace tank top. I slipped on my red vans and let my hair dry in its natural waves.

I walked downstairs to find Jaxon and my other guard Samson. Jaxon was only alittle shorter than Phoenix, he had shaggy brown hair and grey eyes. Samson was shorter than Jax and had short blonde hair with blue eyes, he was one of the best fighters next to the pack warrior.

"Morning" I smiled at them

"Morning princess" Jaxon smiled using his nickname for me. One of the reason Phoenix hates leaving me with him.

"Morning Luna" Samson said in his normal serious tone.

I roll my eyes, "Sami! How many times to I have to tell you to call me Tatum? Or hell even princess is better."

"Sorry, but I'm still will only refer to you as my Luna" Samson said

"Yeah, yeah whatever, let the warrant be his normal boring self!" Jaxon joked, "so what do you wanna do princess?"

"We could go out to eat and than shop at the mall? Maybe go see a movie." I suggested

"Awesome lets go!" Jaxon said jumping off the counter.

"No can do! The Alpha gave specific orders to not take the Luna off the land" Samson informed.

"What why!" I whined

"I dont question the Alphas orders" he stated

"Fine" Jaxon and I both pouted.

After awhile Jaxon and I got really bored watching tv so we decided to play Xbox. I was kicking his ass in zombies when Samson was linked to go help Phoenix with something. Not a minute after he was out the door did Jax and I pop up and head out the back door.

"Are you sure I don't want you to get into trouble with Phoenix." I said

"I won't, Ill just say that you insisted" he trailed off when I gave him a WTF look.

"What he can't get mad at you and he can't kick you out of the pack so it's better if he gets mad at you" he smiled

"Yeah your right" I laughed.

We went to eat at a little cafe, once the waitress took our order I decided to ask Jaxon about Xavier.

"Hey Jax?" I ask

"What princess?" He smiled

"If there was something wrong you would tell me right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know that Phoenix needed to call Xavier today, and I know when he says issues he talking about Wes Mount, so..." I trail off

Jaxon look alittle pale after I asked. I don't know what's happening, I mean Wes Mount is always up to something, and I know they have a new Alpha coming into power, an unmated Alpha.

"Jax?" I ask

"No nothing's wrong" he said not looking me in the eye.

"Right?" I said but letting it go for now.

We went to see a movie, which turned out to be so bad we ended up walking out of the theater. We did alittle shopping and I got a cute new dress to wear to school tomorrow. It was mint green and came up to just above my knees. It would go great with my white flats back at home. Jaxon got a few new shorts and we went in one of the photo booths and took silly pictures.

We arrive back at home around 5. I saw Phoenix's car in the driveway, suddenly I was excited to see him. I really missed him today. When Jax dropped me off and went to park the car, I run inside. Phoenix was upstairs so I decided to hide so I could jump on him when he came downstairs.

After a few seconds I heard him making his way downstairs. He sounded alittle off. He reached the bottom and I jumped into his arms. He caught me immediately and held on tight. Alittle to tight.

"Phoenix?" I ask

He sets me down and and grasps my shoulders.

"Where the hell were you!" He shouted, I flinched alittle not used to him using that tone with me.

"Jaxon and I went to the movies and went shopping" I explained

"You were not suppose to leave!"

"Why!" I ask becoming angry by his tone he was using with me.

Jaxon decided that would be a good moment to walk into the house. He saw Phoenix's face and I saw in his eyes he knew he was in for it.

"You!" Phoenix shouted. He stormed over to Jax and punched him in the face.

"Phoenix!" I shouted to stunned to move.

"You are not her mate! If I tell you not to leave with her you should respect my decision has her mate and your Alpha!" He said punching him again.

Jaxon was just laying there taking it, but I could watch anymore.

Right before Phoenix punched him again I ran over there and blocked Jaxons body with my own. Phoenix noticed immediately and stopped his attack.

"Move Tatum!" He demanded

"No! You have no right to hit him, I was the one who wanted to go out!" I yelled still covering Jax.

"He should know better!"

"He was trying to make me happy! Which is more I can say than you!" I shouted

"What are you talking about!" He yelled back.

I stood off of Jaxon and got in Phoenix's face.

"You are hardly around! I understand you have Alpha business but you can still make time for me! You get jealous because I spend everyday with Jaxon when you could be with me if you wanted to!"

"Jaxon leave" he ordered, Jaxon got up and have me a small smile before leaving.

"I will assign a new guard in the morning"

"The hell you will! I don't want a different guard!"

"I am your mate not him!"

"I'm not saying he is my mate" I yelled

"You are just so naive! You need to grow up! You are to young to understand pack business!" He shouted

After he said that I knew he regretted it. He knew I was always alittle uneasy about our age difference. It not like four years is big but when your 16 and he's 20 it's alittle hard to get pass.

"Baby I didn't mean that." He said lowering his voice to his soft soothing voice. He tried to come and embrace me but I pushed him away.

"Baby come here let me hold you, I'm sorry I didn't mean it I was just worked up."

"Feel free to make a bed on the couch tonight" I said pushing him away again and making my way upstairs.