Chapter 3

3 Phoenix's POV

I was laying down on my new bed. I couldn't stop thinking what a stupid thing it was to say to her. I know how she gets about our age. I don't know why really? I think she just hates the idea of me thinking she just a baby. Which she is, she's my baby. But she still young but I love her anyway.

I listened carefully, I could still hear her uneven breathing so I knew she was still awake. I kept listening trying to hear when she did finally fall asleep. I would seek up there and make a bed on the floor. But she never fell asleep, it was almost 4 in the morning. She definitely wasn't going to school today.

Around 6 in the morning I hear her breathing even and I knew she was finally asleep. I walked up the stairs and opened the door quietly. I went and turned off her alarm clock and swiftly hopped into bed. Careful not to touch her I moved as close as I could get to her. I propped myself up on my elbow and watch her sleep.

Her long hair was spread out across the pillow and she had the covers bundled up all around her. I knew once she found out why she wasn't allowed off the territory today she would be worried. That's why I was so upset when she got home. I thought something bad happen to her. I started to think back to my conversation with Xavier this afternoon.

* "Xavier" I greeted

"Phoenix, how's Tatum?" He asked his voice raising alittle when he mentioned Tatum.

"Tatum is well, she keeps saying she wants to come and visit" I chuckle, Xavier is so serious and Tatum, well Tatum isnt, she's silly. I've known Xavier a long time and I have only ever seen Tatum make him crack a smile.

"So how are things with Wes Mount Pack? He ask going serious again.

"As normal, they have been growing in size which I'm becoming nervous about, I don't know how they are getting their numbers up so quickly, the only explanation I can think of is that they are recruiting rouges." I say with disgust.

"Yes I have noticed that as well. I was planning on coming to your territory with Luka to discuss new security plans." He suggested, Luka was Xavier's Beta.

"That will be fine, how about you come in two days, that will give me time to prepare my pack."

"Alright I'll see you soon, let me know if anything else happens." *

Tatum wouldn't like that the Wes Mount Pack was becoming larger, from the way their numbers are increasing I can only expect an attack on Xavier's or our pack. Either of which happen will start a war.

Tatum hates the thought of war. She doesn't like the idea of wolves going against each other. She would try to talk me out of it but I know it wouldn't work.

I will do anything it takes to protect my baby.