Chapter 5

5 Jaxons POV

"Alpha" I nodded my head with respect. I don't know how he is going to react from yesterday. I do agree I did step out of line taking Tatum off the territory when he clearly didn't want that. He is Tatums mate, and that can't change, he's my Alpha and that can't change either. As much as I wish Tatum was my mate I just need to look at her as my Luna. Nothing else. Maybe distancing myself from her is the best until I find my mate.

"Jaxon, what is it you would like to speak about before the others get here?" He ask not looking up from the file on his desk.

"I wanted to talk about princ..... Tatum, I think it would be best if you assign a different guard, I don't get to see much action lately and want to get back out on patrols." I lied hoping he wouldn't notice.

He stared at me for a few minutes before answering. "Very well, Samson and another will start tomorrow morning. You both have the day off guarding Tatum I wouldn't be leaving the house today so I can keep an eye on her." He informed me.

"Yes Alpha" I nodded sadly.

That's when Dawson, Samson and Zanye walked in. We are all informed of Wes Mounts Pack growing in size. It has gotten to the point where Alpha thinks that a war is coming.

Before we could start strategizing Tatum walks in. She looks adorable in her little dress and shoes. She walks quietly over to Phoenix and just takes a seat in his lap. Phoenix just expected it. That's what I want with my mate, and I want a mate like Tatum. She can be serious at times, but most of the time she is happy and full of life. I'm going to miss being around her all the time. I notice her smiling at me and I give her my best goofy grin to try to make it seem like everything is okay.

"Who's visiting?" I hear her angelic voice ask.

"Xavier and a few members of his pack." Phoenix explained.

"Why?" She ask, and everyone glances at each other. We all know how she gets about wars, and fighting. She isn't a violent person, she knows basic fighting skills but other than that she is an innocent defenseless little girl.

"Guys give us a moment." Phoenix orders.

We step out of the room and about 2 minutes later we all know when he's told her what is happening. We hear a smash and a laugh escapes my lips. Like I said before Tatum isn't violent but she has a bit of a temper.

"And your just telling me this now!" She yells storming out of the office. Phoenix following hot on her heels.

"Baby! I didn't want to have to tell you unless the situation became serious." He defended

"That's the problem with you! You think I can't handle things like this so you keep them from me until they build into something that I can't handle! Maybe if you told me sooner I could have thought of something that could have been done!" She yelled turning to go up the stairs.

"Do not speak to me that why Tatum!" Phoenix shouted. We all knew it was serious, he never called her by her name unless he was angry.

"Don't speak to you that why?" She asked

"Yes it is disrespectful, and you will respect me and my choices." He ordered

"Ok if you don't want me to speak to you that why than fine, I won't." She said starting to walk upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Phoenix snaps and grabs her but the waist.

She stayed silent.

"Tatum!" Phoenix said.

Again she stayed silent.

Oh boy! This is going to get good.