15. A Threat And A Party Set-Up (Picture Of Leah)

Chapter 15

•A Threat And A Party Set-Up•

*a minute later, in the parking lot- PARTY DAY*

"Thanks for the ride, Jake!" exclaimed Bella. The kids on the reservation get out of school earlier than the Forks kids. So Jake delivered Bella's car to her home and is picking her up in the Rabbit. (a car he built)

She hopped in the passenger seat. "So what's the reason for this surprise!? I'll be back home by six, right? I need to help Jess decorate." She suddenly looked at Jacob. He had a giant scar running down his right arm. It was already healing because wolves heal quite fast. She would have assumed that it was from some little scuffle with one of the members of the pack, but she knew it wasn't from the expression on Jake's face. His eyes were dark and he looked deep in thought and really really pissed.

"Jacob!" exclaimed Bella, alarm edging her voice. "What's wrong!?" she shreaked.

"That rotton vampire! The one that almost attacked your mother and did attack Seth happened!" he spat. His hands quivering a bit.

"Calm down, hun," soothed Bella. "Slowly tell me what happened."

"We were all walking the treaty line, trying to get some clues or something the the filthy blood-sucker had left behind. I found something. Some cloth that reaked of vampire-stench. I went to call for the other guys, then the damned vampire jumped out from a high branch and clawed me! Everyone phased and saved me before anything could happen... Luckily. But he just jumped over the freakin treaty line! And Sam says that we can't kill him when he's there! Argggg! We keep warning the good blood-suckers, but they can't get to him fast enough! They haven't even seen him!" A snarl of pure furry rocketed through the Rabbit thanks to Jacob.

"Calm it down!" snapped Bella quickly. She suddenly realized her tone and whispered, "Sorry, just breathe, Jake."

"I'm fine. And before you ask, I'm good enough to drive." They were still only half way there.

"So where are we going now?" asked Bella quietly.

"Emily's house," he said, his jaw set, his face grim.

"Meeting?" asked Bella casually.

"Yup," he replied. They drove the rest of the way in silence.

*inside Emily's house- PARTY DAY*

"We need to do something about this," said Sam seriously while thumping a fist on the countertop.

"He MUST to be stopped!" cried out Leah, her voice a bit hoarse from being so sad about her brother.

"So tonight, Jacob, Quil, Embry, and Leah can head to that party in Forks. You'll be keeping a careful eye around the whole place. Everybody else will stay on the reservation and keep watch. You'll be under the assumption that you're staying to take care of Seth. Okay?" He then went on to assign look-out places for all the boys that were left.

"What does this guy want anyway!?" asked Quil. "We would of left him alone if he would just not hunt in this area!"

"But he hasn't hunted anyone, yet," said Jared. "He hasn't gotton one person." Realization dawned on his face.

"He can't hunt the wolves, so why is he attacking us? Wolf blood tastes terrible apparently!" said Embry angrily.

"Well he tried to attack Renee," pointed out Jacob. Bella frowned, remembering that.

"But he never got her!" Bella shreaked.

"But he still tried to hunt..." thought Paul out loud.