Chapter 7-The Welcoming

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 7-The Welcoming

Sydney Carrington's POV

Holding onto Kingston's arm as he led me down the stairs towards the crowd made me feel like I was going insane. I wanted to get away from him. I didn't like that our bodies were so close to each other.

But I wouldn't make a scene. Yelling and slapping an Alpha was one thing but disrespecting him in front of his whole pack was a total different thing altogether. And breaking away from him was going to cause an uproar.

As we walked down the stairs, I could feel his intense gaze on me but I refused to look back at him. I wouldn't. Focusing on the steps in front of me, I walked down them anxiously, wondering how Kingston's pack was going to react to me.

I could feel eyes on us and I clutched onto my dress tightly as my hands were clammy from the nervous feelings I was experiencing.

Looking around, the house was decorated with golden curtains, and vintage decorations. Waiters and waitress walked about with their costumes offering food and drinks as soft jazz music played. The pack was all dressed for the occasion, feather headbands, long necklaces, flapper dresses, hats and classy suits. 

Once we were down, Kingston spoke authoritatively to the crowd facing us. "This is your Luna, my chosen Sydney. She is to be treated with respect. Any other actions other than that, there will be consequences."

A chorus of agreements filled the room and I glanced around the room warily to see many curious eyes on me. Forcing a smile on my face, I smiled at the crowd in front of me. I could feel Kingston relax slightly behind me and he gently led me into the crowd.

This was strange-him being gentle with me. Honestly, I wasn't surprised if he simply pushed me forward into the crowd and then I realised, he couldn't do anything like that in front of his pack. It was one thing to be cold and ruthless but another thing to show that you mistreated your chosen.

I pressed my lips into a thin line before giving smiles to the pack members who bowed and greeted me with smiles on their faces.

Suddenly Kingston gripped onto my waist and I tensed, the feeling of his hand on my waist was foreign and an unwanted contact.

"Kyle. This is Sydney."

I wanted to pull away from his hold on my body but the look in his silver eyes dared me to do so. I plastered another fake smile on my face and turned to greet the man in front of me but stopped when I recognised him.

"Cousin. Luna." Kyle sneered a little as he addressed me and suddenly everything seem to make sense. I turned to look up at Kingston to see him looking down at me with an unfathomable expression on his face.

Everything clicked and now, I knew how Kingston had even known me. Kingston was the Alpha I had insulted that very night in the woods with the man in front of me. "You! You're the man who was beating up that person in front of his family!" I hissed in disgust and Kyle growled angrily at me.