Chapter 28-The Big Surprise

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 28-The Big Surprise

Sydney Carrington's POV

The face of my mother hadn't changed much. She looked older and more wrinkles lined her face than what I remembered.

I could feel my knees turning weak as I gazed at the figure that belonged to my mother through the kitchen window. There was no doubt that it could be her. I recognised her immediately. After all, I had been painting a portrait of her and my father recently.

She was wearing a black cloak and I didn't know I was practically screaming until a pair of strong muscular arms wrapped around me and pulled me away from the window.

I wasn't too sure what I had done but I was a hundred percent sure that I was in shock. It couldn't be real could it? Could my mother actually be alive all this time? All these years?

Instantly, the figure of my mother vanished from sight and I struggled against the arms holding me. "Let go! She's just there!" I shouted and struggled to look through the window for the sight of my mother.

"Sydney! Calm down!" Brendon gripped onto me tightly and finally my knees went weak and I would have collapsed onto the ground if he wasn't holding onto me.

"She's just there! Can't you see? Let go of me!" I pleaded and Brendon gently lifted me to sit on a chair. Immediately, I craned my neck for the figure of my mom but she was gone.

Brendon stood in front of me, eyes scanning all over me, searching for any injuries. "Sydney, are you alright? What's going on?" He demanded, his tone full of worry and concerned.

I ignored him and pushed him away before heading towards the window, hoping for another sight of the figure of my mom. All I could think of was my mother. I swallowed harshly, my eyes scanning through the darkness of the backyard looking for the black clothed figure.

"Who are you looking for? Sydney! Please tell me what's wrong." Brendon pulled me away from the window to face him. His grey eyes were full of concern and worry as he looked at me.

My lower lip trembled and I cast one last longing glance towards the window. "My mother. I saw her outside." I murmured, my voice shaky and looking down at my hands, they were trembling. It was only when I looked down did I realise that Brendon was only in his bath towel and that he was dripping wet from his shower.

"O-ooh." I stuttered at the sight and Brendon was frowning, his eyes peering out of the window. "Your mother? Hadn't she passed ten years ago?"

At that, I quickly averted my face and nodded shakily. "She did. In an accident along with my dad." My gaze went back to the window and my heart thundered. Could my mother really be alive? Or was I imagining things?

"Where did you see her?"

I looked up at him and pointed. "There. Right there, she was just standing there looking into the house." I pointed out and Brendon narrowed his eyes before looking at me. "Are you sure?"