Chapter 27-The Escaped Prisoner

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 27-The Escaped Prisoner

Sydney Carrington's POV

"Kyle Preston Alpha! He has escaped! Someone must have helped him out!"

Without a word, Brendon jumped to his feet before cornering the guard. "What the fuck do you mean he's out?" He snarls furiously and the words kept echoing on in my head that someone had let Kyle out.

My heart pounded and I glanced around the trees warily, fearing that Kyle was watching us this very moment. I took a deep breath before hastily making my way to Brendon who was interrogating the guard harshly.

"Brendon! Hey! Relax! Calm down!" I murmured soothingly into his ear and clutched onto his arms. He took a deep breath before letting go of the guard and shut his eyes.

Once he was calmer than he was before, Brendon turned his attention back to the guard and growled harshly. "How did he escape?" He gritted out and the guard answered.

"There weren't any signs of forced entry or anything like that. The door to his cell had been unlocked. Someone had let him out."

Those very words sent a chill throughout my body. That could only mean that there was a traitor in the pack. And I guessed Brendon realised that fact too as his eyes turned dark before he headed back to the car.

Exhaling deeply, I quickly gathered all of our stuff before rushing to him. This was bad news. If there really was a traitor in our pack, it would be almost impossible to seek him out.

Our pack lands were vast and members were numerous. It would take months of searching and questioning to even find out a thing regarding this whole issue. And by then, it may be too late. Whatever Kyle or his leader planned might have come to pass and we wouldn't have time to stop it.

Getting into the car, I sat down quietly before dumping the items in the back. Immediately, Brendon drove off, his posture was tense and rigid, his jaw was clenched and a harsh glare was on his face. Looking at him now, I can certainly say that his wolf was on edge as well. His eyes were a very dark shade of gray and he was gritting his teeth.

I myself was afraid, with Kyle out and about, safety for Brendon and I was once again an issue. But I had to be strong. Brendon needed me and I him. However, the thought of needing Brendon brought my thoughts back to what transpired earlier at the lake.

My cheeks warmed at that and I shut my eyes as I leaned my head against the headrest. The feel of his touch on me had sparked something in me. And it was bloody amazing! If it was just his touch that caused such a pleasurable reaction from me, I wondered briefly how it would feel if we did went through with the mating.

I wasn't a virgin to say the least. Will was my first and that was why knowing he had betrayed me had hurt so bad. I had given him everything but to receive nothing in return had almost shattered me.