Chapter Three

"Hey Alexia, did you do the homework?"

Alexia turned around, annoyed. "No, Caden," she replied cooly. "I did not."

Caden shrugged. "Doesn't matter. What's the answer to question 5?"

"Caden, that's an essay question! I can't just tell you the answer to an essay question."

"Aw c'mon Alexia, if you don't I'll get detention again," Caden begged.

Alexia's face hardened and she turned back around to face the front. "No."

Behind her, she heard Caden sigh, and a little too loudly she might add, and she willed herself not to give in. The sighing continued, getting louder each time. Alexia continued to ignore Caden. Finally, she felt his hot breath on her shoulder and his evident displeasure ringing in her ears. The hairs on the back of her neck stood and she whirled around, annoyed. "Caden, stop!" she shouted.

"Is there a problem, Miss Alexia?" her teacher, Mr Mou demanded.

"Not at all, sir."

Mr Mou raised an eyebrow. "That does not seem to be the case. You seem to be discussing an extremely important issue with Mr Caden. Care to share it with the rest of the class?"

Alexia felt her face heat up. "No, sir. It was nothing. I promise."

"Very well. I shan't expect this to happen again."

Alexia breathed a sigh of relief then turned back to glare at Caden. "Nice going, jerk," she muttered under her breath.

Caden faked a hurt expression. "You called my inquiries nothing. I am hurt, Alexia."

"They weren't inquiries. They were cheap tries to save your lazy, incompetent ass!" She shot back in a whisper dripping with venom.

Caden looked satisfied that he had gotten her all riled up. "You know you love me, Alexia."

Alexia rolled her eyes. "My love for you runs about as deep as your intelligence level," she snapped.

Caden blinked for a moment, then recovered his composure and grinned, the kind of grin he gave when he acknowledged an opponent's impressive rebuttal. "Nice one Alexia."

Alexia felt her chest swell just the tiniest bit from the compliment but she brushed it off and held her glare. "Thanks Caden, but I don't come to you for validation."

"Class, i have something to tell you all," Mr Mou's announcement drew her attention back to the class. "Unfortunately, i regret to inform you all that this will be my last lesson with you all, and you have been a pleasure to teach."

A soft cheer rose from the back of the class.

"However, fear not. Your new teacher is not less capable of departing the wonders of history to you than I am. She attained her Ph.D in history from Harvard University over the summer and I will be introducing you to her in a minute. Are there any questions?"

Silence. Alexia knew that everyone was just waiting to be freed of Mr Mou and his horrendous teaching methods, and she herself was counting down the minutes till he walked out of the class, and hopefully, her life.

"No questions? Oh yes Caden?"

Alexia stifled a snicker. Trust Caden to speak up with some stupid question when no one else did.

"Is she hot?"

There were a few giggles throughout the class and Mr Mou looked taken aback. "Well," he straightened his tweed jacket. "That scarcely matters,  now does it, Caden. It is incredibly disrespectful to judge the teacher based on her appearance." He hesitated. "However, I would say she is quite a looker," he said with a wink, lowering his voice.

The entire class was shocked. Old Mr Mou had a sense of humour? This was something new. Mr Mou cleared his throat and straightened his jacket again. Alexia wondered how the old fabric did not tear, since he wore that and stretched it every lesson.  "Now, without further ado, may I introduce Miss Chelsea!"

A beautiful woman with stunning brown hair which fell perfectly over her shoulders walked into the room. She was wearing a smart navy blue jacket and a dress just a shade lighter that ended just above her knees. Polished, black high heels adorned her feet and elongated her fantastically toned legs. She had the smile that belonged on a magazine cover and blue eyes that shone so bright they could have given Alexia's brain power a run for its money. Alexia felt every jaw drop in the class, and she knew what they all were thinking: what spectacular act had the school done to deserve this gift of humanity.

"Hello guys! My name is Miss Chelsea and I'm 24 years old. I'll be your new history teacher for the rest of the year and I'm so excited to get to know you all!" She said in the kind of voice that ended wars and made the people of the earth put down whatever they were doing to hold hands and dance.

So are we, the class mentally echoed. Guys, she called us guys! she's young and hip and perfect! she heard them whisper. Behind her, Alexia heard Caden let out a low whistle, and she felt a twinge of annoyance. It's just Caden. I get annoyed at his very breathing. Nothing new.

Mr Mou smiled proudly at his class, like a shepherd overlooking his bunch of fat sheep reading for the dinner table. "I guess this is goodbye. I will cherish the memories I made in this class very fondly," he said, blinking quickly. Is he blinking back tears? Alexia was incredulous. Cold, harsh Mr Mou had feelings hidden deep down below that old wrinkly skin, today certainly was a day of surprises.

"Thank you Mr Mou," the class chimed, and the elderly teacher waved as he departed from the class.

Miss Chelsea glanced up at the clock. "Well, would you look at that. Time's up already," she sounded disappointed. "But you guys can always stay back after class to get to know me and next lesson, we can have a little get to know session!"

There was a shuffling of paper and everyone began to file out of the class. Hot Miss Chelsea was great, but the end of school was simply better. Only one student stayed behind, and it was none other than Caden. He went up to Miss Chelsea and striked up a conversation with her. Alexia couldn't resist watching. That flirt. He does this with all the teachers, she thought disgustedly. But while most teachers were quick to brush him off, Miss Chelsea seemed to enjoy it. She threw her head back and laughed at his probably-lame jokes and puns and entertained his ridiculous remarks and questions. Alexia felt like she was going to be sick. Stupid Caden and his stupid ass-kissing attitude. Stupid me for getting so affected. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

She heard Miss Chelsea's melodious laughter ring out again and Alexia bolted as quickly out of the class and back into her own sanity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter for y'all! Caden is one casanova doncha think ;)? Hope you guys enjoyed reading!