Chapter 5

Liam and I were currently waiting for the doctor to come in to examine to see if his foot was broken or not. I was curious as to why he wanted me to be here with him when we have only talked once in the car. I mean we literally just met less then half an hour ago and he wanted me to get in with him.

"No offense or anything but why did you want me to stay with you? I mean it is partially my fault that you're in the hospital." I say, curious to what his answer is and he looked over to me, his cheeks turning to a slight pink.

"Uh... You..." He tries to explain but stuttered. "You calm me down, honestly."

"Really?" I asked him and he nodded while looking down at his lap.

"Well, I am honored." I say happily, smiling widely as I stared at him.

He seemed like a nice kid. I'm pretty sure he's a freshman because he looks younger then a Junior. So, obviously he is not a Junior. Maybe, he's new to this school like me.

The doctor finally came into the room and after about 5 minutes in I have realized that the doctor was actually Liam's step father. I realized because they started to talk about Liam's mother for a bit about how mad she was going to be.

"Okay, just..." He starts to say as he moved Liam's foot slightly but it hurt him so he groaned in pain slightly. That really doesn't look good either. His ankle area was turning purple and green.

"It's broken, isn't it?" Liam asked his step-father while he looked down at his lap in sadness because he knew that he wouldn't be able to play lacrosse anymore.

"It's definitely going to need an X-ray." His step-father replied to him, while staring at his foot.

"It's broken. And it's my fault." Liam mumbled but then his step-father looked up at and finally realized that I was in the room. I don't blame him because I was sitting in the corner very quietly just watching them.

"Hello, who must you be?" He asked me and I stood up quickly putting my hand out for him to shake.

"Hi, I'm Adrianna Carter, sir. I'm a friend of Liam." I tell him trying to make a good first impression. Since, Liam and I are going to become friends then might as well leave a good impression with his step-father at least. He smiled at me but then slightly frowned when he realized my bump but either way he shook my hand not trying to let my pregnancy get in the way.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Carter. Say, how long are you?" He asked me quite politely and I smiled slightly, thanking that he wasn't rude about my pregnancy.

"3 months and a half. I actually have an appointment here in two weeks to know the gender of the baby." I explained to him and he nodded smiling widely but then looked over at his step-son, Liam.

"You want to tell me what happened?" He asked him while I walked over to sit down again in the corner so that I could leave them alone.

"I went up against two juniors. One of them is captain of the team." Liam sighed heavily telling him very quietly so that I could barely even hear him.

"Remember what we always say? Play smart, not hard." The doctor reminded him and Liam looked up at him with sad eyes which caused my heart to melt.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked him and his step-dad just chuckled, patting Liam in the back very gently.

"No, of course not. Your mom might be mad at me for getting you into lacrosse, but maybe we should both wait for the X-ray before we panic. And trust me... I have more reason to panic than you. It's not over yet. Wait for that X-ray." He says and I smiled at the sight of then. Even though he wasn't his real father he was still like a father to Liam either way.

My phone started to ring so I pulled it out of my bag and stood up from the chair. I looked up at Liam and the doctor with an embarrassed look.

"Sorry, it's my mom. I'll just be outside." I excused myself and walk out of the room but was faced with Scott.

He smiled at me and I smiled back but then walked passed him so I could answer the phone.

"Where are you? I have been worried sick! Why is it that you just love to give me heart attacks, Adrianna? Now, where the hell are you at this time of the night?" She yelled at me causing me to flinch. I must have forgotten to text her that I was going home slightly late.

"I'm sorry, mom. My friend got hurt and he wanted me to accompany him to the hospital." I said and started to explain to her what had happened.

"So... This Liam kid..." I heard my Aunt Katherine say through the phone causing me to smile widely because I could hear my mom arguing with her in the background about how she can't just take people's phone without permission.

"Don't even think about it, Aunt Kat. Liam is a freshman." I tell her and I heard her sigh heavily causing me to laugh because I know how badly she wanted me to have my "prince charming" and wanted me to be happy with someone. Even more because of what had happened to me.

"But... I did meet a really nice guy. He asked me out on a date and I accepted the request." I tell her and she started to yell in happiness as my mother was asking her what did I say.

"Our little Adrianna has a date with a guy soon!" I heard Aunt Katherine squeal and I heard my mom trying to calm her down.

Honestly, sometimes I wondered if I was adopted because I was completely different from my family. Not that I don't love him because of that. I love my family with my whole heart and I would do anything for them but it's just that they all act like kids where me in the other hand... I act so much older. It's just very weird at times.

"Adrianna Carter, We are going to ta-"

"Thanks for letting me out on the date! Okay, bye, love you mom!" I said quickly and hung up on her before she had the chance to reply to me for saying that. I then turned my phone off so that she wouldn't be calling or texting me to give me lectures about how I should wait until the baby is born to start dating.

"Adrianna?" I heard someone say my name and I looked up to see Liam limping towards me but I widened my eyes, jogging over to him.

"What are you doing? You should stay in bed and rest." I tell him holding onto him and he looked into my eyes. His blue eyes showing confusion.

"Do you hear that?" He asked me.

"Hear what?"

"Exactly."

I looked around the hallway to see no one but then I spotted a teenage boy around my age with a whole bunch of teeth and he had blood around his arms, mouth, and shirt.

"Liam, run." I yelled at him and he did what I was told. The bloody guy grabbed onto me causing me to scream bloody murder while I tried to push him off of me with all my strength but it was no use. It seemed like he had super strength or something in that sort. Once I finally got his grip off of me I started to run but fell, thankfully, not on my stomach. But either way he started to me from my feet as I desperately tried so hard to get away from him.

I shut my eyes tightly as I started to think that this was the end. I wasn't going to have my baby and I definitely wasn't going to live to tomorrow. That was until I heard a loud roaring sound causing me to look up to see Scott but he looked different. He had red bright eyes, a lot of facial hair, sharp teeth, pointy ears, and claws in his hands.

This can't be happening. This isn't real. This is all just a stupid dream I am having.