Chapter 8

Adrianna

"Hey, Lydia." I greeted the strawberry blonde haired girl as I brought a chair over to her table where Kira sits next to her. I'm sure Lydia's mother wouldn't mind it.

"Hi, Kira." I greeted her as well and she smiled and gave me a short nod. She might like the same guy that I like but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. Besides I hate fighting with people.

"What is that?" I asked them as I looked at Lydia's lap top that had a bunch of numbers and symbols across the white screen.

"These... Are for my math notes." Lydia tries to make up causing me to narrow my eyes at her.

"I know about the supernatural, Lydia. What is it?" I asked her and she snapped her head at me with wide eyes. Kira looked at me too with a surprise look

"What?! Who told you!" She asked but she whispered yelled at me so that no one would hear us on what we were talking about.

"Well, more like I found out then someone told me." I answered her causing her to sigh heavily.

"I didn't want you involve in this, Adri." She told me sternly.

"Because I'm pregnant?" I asked her and she nodded and it was now silent between the three of us.

"Because I don't want you dead." She shot back and I frowned, feeling horrible so I just looked down at my growing stomach and smiled.

"I'm going to be fine, Lydia. My baby is going to be fine. That's all that matters right?" I asked her and turned my head slightly as she just sighed.

"Still doesn't mean I approve of this." She mumbled.

"Okay, so what is this? Explain to me Martin." I joked causing her to crack a small smile.

"Um, some of them are my notes. The rest I think might actually be a code. I'm not so sure yet." She tells me and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"But you don't remember writing it?" I asked in confusion not believing her.

"Not in the slightest. But considering my drawing of a tree led us to the Nemeton, that I will explain to you later, I should probably figure out what it means before it tries to kill us." Lydia says and looked over at me.

"Maybe it's like the Enigma Code the Allies used. Remember my dad was a World War II buff? And my mom was, well... In it." Kira reminded Lydia while I looked at her very confused when she said that her mom was in the World War II.

I'm gonna have to get use to all this supernatural stuff soon.

"I think it's a variation on something called the Vigènere Cipher." Lydia tells us as she looked at her computer screen.

"Do you know how to crack it?" I asked her and she looked up at but them nodded slowly.

"With a key." She replied and in that second keys were in front of her face. We all looked up to see Lydia's mother Ms. Martin.

"Remember the rules. No more than six people allowed in the lake house. Stay out of the wine. And if anything gets broken, it's getting added to your credit card debt." She reminds her daughter causing Lydia to look up at her and purse her lips.