Chapter 10

Here are the words you need to know before reading this chapter....

Gringita basically means american.

Hija means daughter/sweetheart.

Cortarle means to cut.

Adrianna

"Would you hurry up in there, Aunt Katherine?!" I yelled as I banged the bathroom door with my right hand, formed in a tight small fist.

I was running slightly late for school and all I needed to do was brush my teeth but my aunt is currently in the bathroom. So, now I obviously have to wait for her to get out. Because there is no way that I am going to school with a smelly breath.

I had even texted Lydia that it was okay for her to go to the school already. So, she did what she was told. Now, my uncle has to take me to the school considering my mom found a job at the hospital. She's now working as a nurse along side with Melissa McCall. Which is really good considering Scott and I are really good friends. It would be good for my
Mom to get along with him and his family

"What do you expect me to do, Adrianna?! I'm taking a shit!" She yelled through the door and it made me let out a small laugh at her reaction.

Have I ever mentioned that my moms side of the family are full on Mexican? Which means they are very sarcastic, short tempered, playful, and very demanding.

"Cortarle!" I yelled at her in Spanish but since I'm also part white my inner whiteness I guess you could say came out and it seemed like I had some strange accent.

"Ay no! Don't ever speak Spanish my little gringita." My aunt Katherine shot back at me.

"And why not?" I asked her.

"Because your inner whiteness comes out and trust me. No hispanic person will ever want to speak to you in Spanish ever again." She tells me playfully causing me to laugh, forgetting about how late I am for school right now.

"Well, it's not really my fault that my father was white and that my mom never really taught me any Spanish."
I tell her while I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"That's because your mother is a gringita, too. Don't worry, hija. I'll teach you how to speak the language properly." She tells me and then the door opened.

"You might need to use to refresher by the way." She warned me and ran downstairs before I could even respond to her.

I need to get adopted by a regular family.

***

I managed to go to school by second period but thankfully all my teachers and the principal knows about my pregnancy thanks to my mom. So, no I was not in trouble at all.

"Hey, Adrianna!" I heard someone call my name causing me to stop in my tracks and turn around.

I almost dropped my books when I saw Violet right in front of me already, scaring me. I breathed out and let out a small nervous laugh as she smiled apologetically.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you." She apologized and I shook my head while I shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. So, what's up, Vi?" I asked her and to be quite honest I was kind of weirded out from her.

I mean she's a freshmen who is following me around as if she knew me personally. Like literally. Ever since I moved here she's been trying to talk to me and I don't like being rude but trust me... I can be quite sassy if I have to.

"Are you going to the Lacrosse game?" She asked me.

"Um, yes. Why?" I asked her curiously and she just smiled widely.

"We should totally hang out." She suggested causing me to groan mentally.

"Sure. See you later then!" I excused myself and started to walk to class faster.

I made it to my next class which was Economics with Coach Finstock. He was very... odd but one of my best teachers if I am being truthful here.

Scott saw me coming in the classroom and smiled widely at me. He then turned around to look at Stiles. Stiles looked up at him confusedly but then caught on what his best friend wanted him to do. He sighed and got up from the seat them sat next to him.

I then walked over and sat behind Scott.

"Thanks, Stiles." I thanked him and he waved me off as he took pictures out of his notebook.

"Not like I had a choice." He mutters causing me to laugh and looked over at Scott to see him looking at me with adoration in his eyes.

I smiled towards him because of how adorable he looks right now with his dimples out and the way his messy hair was spiked up today.

"Why are you looking at me like that, McCall?" I called him by his last name.

"You look really beautiful, Adri." He complimented me.

"Quoting the fault in the our stars?" I asked him raising my eyebrows at him.

"Kind of." He chuckled.

"Well, that was still very cute." I mumbled and looked down to start doodling on my notebook because coach never really teach us anything. Let's be real here. He only complaints about how his lacrosse sticks are shitty and that the school principal doesn't want to pay for any new ones or any new lacrosse equipment at all because he's just that cheap apparently. Coach Finstocks words not mine.

And he also complains about some Greenberg kid. I didn't know about him until yesterday when he tried to hit on me. But of course Scott came to save the day and scared him off. 

"Let me take you out on a date tonight after the lacrosse game?" Scott asked me out of no where. Catching me off guard.

I looked up at him and he had that goofy smile on his face. Oh my god he's so awkward but maybe that's why I'm starting to crush on him...

"Where to?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise." He winked at me and I just giggled.

"Okay, sure. There better be good food though." I pointed out to him.

"I promise you all of your favorite foods will be there." He confirmed and I nodded.