Home Sweet Home

Chapter Thirty Five - Home Sweet Home

Tori's POV

I felt someone shake my hand, waking me up. I opened my eyes and looked at Jess. She gave me a warm smile.

"We're here," She said.

I smiled. "Finally,"

I looked out of the window at the stretched runway. We exited the plane and I slowly walked out of the airport with Jess, both of us now carrying our bags.

I spotted my mom. She was standing far ahead in a black pencil skirt and a white shirt, with her curls falling on her shoulders, looking around for us.

I smiled.

"There she is Jess,"

Jessica looked at her and smiled, as we started in her direction.

She noticed us and her eyes grew big in surprise.

"Mom," I squealed with delight as I pulled her into a hug.

"My baby. How have you been Tori?"

I pulled back and smiled. "See for yourself,"

She laughed and looked at Jessica, embracing her. "How are you Aunt?" Jessica asked.

She pulled back. "See for yourself," She said.

We laughed and started towards the parking lot of the airport.

"Have you told Dad and Jake?" I asked as we kept the bags in the car and started the ride to my house.

"Nope," Mom said.

"This will be fun," Jessica said.

"I know right," I clapped my hands in excitement.

I was going home!

During the whole ride, Jess and I told Mom about New York and I was glad Jess didn't mention either of the hims.

I stepped out of the car the moment mom pulled the car in driveway.

"Ready?" Mom asked.

Both me and Jess nodded as we stood at the front door after ringing the bell.

After a minute, the door opened and Dad looked at us in confusion before his eyes grew wide.

"Tori?" His jaw dropped.

"Dad," I chirped as I hugged him. Soon he pulled Jessica in our hug.

"How did you...." He trailed off.

We pulled back and he looked at mom. "You knew?" He asked, hardly succeeding in hiding his smile.

"Come on in girls," He stepped aside to let us in.

Jake was in the living room and he looked up at us, his mouth wide open.

"Tori? Jess?" He shouted as he ran in our direction.

We bent down to the ground as he hugged us together. He laughed. "Oh my god. I am so happy,"

We giggled as he finally let go of us. "I can't believe this. Tori do you know I got into the football team?" Jake said.

I nodded. "Mom told me. So proud of you," I ruffled his hair, only to earn a frown from him.

"Don't," He said, running his hands through them. My smile dropped, remembering Aiden's same reaction when I had went to his house and his dad had ruflled his hair.

Jake looked up at me in shock. "I'm sorry I didn't mean that. You can ruffle my hair," He said, running his little fingers through his hair, messing them up again.