Confirmation

Chapter Forty Three - Confirmation

Tori's POV

I sighed in relief as the final bell rang. Gathering my stuff, I left the class and started walking towards the parking lot. I stopped in my tracks when I spotted Luke and Jess standing by our car, making out wildly. Okay!

They looked really cute together and my heart ached for an unknown reason. I turned around and pretended to look in my phone but my thoughts went to just one person. Aiden! Are we ever going to get somewhere?

I suddenly remembered that I forgot to take my notebook back from Kelly. God! How am I gonna do homework? I don't wanna get kicked out again!

Maybe she was still in school. I walked towards the building against the crowd getting out of school. The corridors were empty as I walked towards the classroom, hoping to find Kelly there and upon turning a corner, I bumped into someone and took a few steps back.

"Tori. I was looking for you," Ethan said.

"Oh. Why?"

"Kelly left your book in the class by mistake. Thought I should give it to you," He extended the book in my direction and I looked down at it. That Kelly! Huh!

I took the book from him and gave him a smile. "Thanks,"

"You're welcome,"

"I should have passed the ball to you," We looked beside us to find Dylan talking to Aiden and just then, their eyes landed on us, most particularly on Ethan as Aiden glared at him.

"I guess I'll leave now," Ethan said, making me look up at him and found him giving me a smile. I returned his smile and turned to the guys.

"Hey," I waved at them.

"Hey and bye. I should be leaving," Dylan said and walked past me, without giving me any time to say anything. I looked up at the only person standing who was looking at me and I turned around to leave.

"Tori?"

"Yeah?" I turned to look at him.

He stared at me for a moment before he started approaching me, his hands buried inside his pockets. He stopped when he was a few inches away from me and I wanted to shift back, realizing the distance between us but I could not find my legs moving.

"I've been thinking about....us," He said and I looked up at him, surprised. This is Aiden we are talking about! It could be another prank or something! I stayed calm.

"Really?"

"Yes. All day," He said, looking into my eyes.

"And?"

"And I thought and thought and thought," He said using hand gestures to explain as his eyes kept growing wide again and again and I sensed his anxiety. I resisted the urge to smile or laugh at how cute he looked right then.

I took a deep breath. "You thought a lot about us today. I get it. Then?"

He took in a long breath. "And I realized that I can't do this anymore,"

I stopped breathing. Is this it? Is he breaking up with me? I thought as my eyes grew wide. Was he really dumping me?

"What?" I managed to whisper.

"Tori this is not for a guy like me. You know," He shrugged. "One day we are making out in a lake and the next, we are acting like we don't know each other," He sighed.

I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it. "I don't know. This is just complicated. I have made up my mind. It's at either of the two extremes. I'm gonna leave this up to you,"