Four

"The thought of you's no fucking fun. You want a martyr, I'll be one."

----- King For A Day - Pierce the Veil -----

It was time for our flight to depart and my luggage was nowhere to be seen. And by my luggage I mean my job. By my job I really mean Nolan.

"Unbelievable." I muttered into my phone as it rang and rang and rang. He never answered his phone, especially when he looked at the caller ID and saw it was me. "It's his freaking tour! You'd think he'd be the one who wanted to be on the plane!" I groaned to no one in particular.

As soon as I gave up calling him and hung up my phone rang instantly. "Hello?" I said hastily into the phone.

"Where is our money maker?"

I grimaced, knowing immediately it was his manager Ace. "Well, that I'm uh, not so sure about."

"It's your job to be sure about everything he does! We need him here! Find him, get him on the next God-damned plane out, and for the love of all that is holy make sure he is sober when he shows up in my record company!"

"Yes sir." I nodded and he hung up before I had the chance to ask "And how the hell do I do any of that?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and set out to finding the little heathen. Hard to believe at one point getting burned was the worst of my problems. I thought I was playing with fire before in trying to work Nolan enough up to pay me exceedingly well. As it turns out when it came to Nolan you were always playing with fire, and damn near everything in sight was gasoline to that boy.

It would be rather easy to find Nolan. Being I had access to, well, everything in his life it was just a matter of tracking the credit card to see the last hotel he'd charged to it. A hotel I had of course not authorized either.

Far be it for Nolan to stay home, or I don't know, let me do my job and book the hotels or even more reasonable an idea, stay in his own house?

Working for Nolan did have its perks. For example, when I came to the hotel desk and told them I was Nolan's assistant and I needed a key to his room right away they handed me the card as soon as I presented them with my ID. All of his workers had an ID and a pin. I had both his and mine because he couldn't be bothered to carry such on him. I found Nolan didn't like to carry much at all with him. His ID, any amount of cash, his dignity. But he did always seem to have a bit of drugs lingering around here or there.

"Uhm, miss, there's a matter of the damages to the room..."

I frowned. "I'm sure there is." I muttered as I made my way to it. I'm sure I would be the one to be lectured about the cost of the room even though it was Nolan who had committed the crime. It was always Nolan, I'd already survived three weeks and all of his actions were my fault. We hadn't even left the city yet, I could still easily make a run for the hills.

But I didn't. I pounded on the door and when it didn't open I let myself in.

I first off spotted several unfamiliar bodies sleeping on the floor. Most of them only half dressed or with multi colored hair, one was in a puddle of, what I sincerely hoped was his own, vomit.

I stepped over bodies, a broken lamp, mountains of clothes and sheets, empty bottles, more bodies, and more vomit before I reached the bed. Nolan was sleeping on the bed, shirtless but with his dark jeans still on and a girl with pink hair who looked to just barely be 18 was sleeping on one of his arms.