Twenty Seven

" When it's good, then it's good, it's so good 'till it goes bad 'Till you're trying to find the you that you once had I have heard myself cry, never again, broken down in agony just tryin' to find a friend"

---------- Sober - P!nk ----------  

             "You want a what?" Ace asked Nolan clearly in surprise. "Your dressing room and hotels are one thing but a whole bus to yourself? You're being completely unreasonable now."

"It doesn't have to be a whole bus." Nolan said with an eye roll. "A smaller camper or something would work too."

Ace's gaze shifted from Nolan to myself and then back to Nolan. I had to admit it, I was as surprised as Ace. I'd had no idea Nolan wanted to ride separately from the rest of the group. Had I known I probably would have shot the idea down. Just Nolan and I on our own? I know, I know, we had a lot of time together as it is. In his dressing room, in the hotels, I was almost always by his side, but there was also a lot of other people within a shout.

It's just a week. I reminded myself.

The idea made me nervous, very nervous, but I didn't think Nolan would ever actually hurt me.

"It's not a sex thing." Nolan promised Ace who looked doubtful. "You think it'd really care about our privacy for that?"

"Well...no, probably not." Ace finally decided and rubbed his chin lightly. "Geez Nolan, you're really trying my hand here..."

"If it's a money issue I can pay for it. Just a smaller camper, we can hitch it to the bus and everything. No gas, no driver."

I gave him another coy look, he seemed to have thought this through pretty well. And as I had come to find out time and time again, Nolan tended to get his way. A lot.

***

"Don't hesitate to call us." Finn warned as they moved our luggage from the bus to the camper.

"It's just a few days, we'll be fine."

His gaze slid over to camper and then back to me. "Don't hesitate to call us." He repeated in a grave voice and I nodded.

"I won't. I promise."
I forced myself to climb into the camper and looked around.

Far less nice than the tour bus was, but somehow it felt less like a hotel stay and more like a visit. More homey if you will. The camper was simple, the very front consisted of the steering wheel and drivers seat along with passengers seat. Directly behind that was a small two person table uncomfortably close to the fridge and stove and across from it was the couch. There was an entire room in the back half, rather than just the built in bunk beds there was a full room, uncomfortable queen bed, television mounted to the wall, dressers, and an even smaller bathroom than the bus had.

"Don't worry, I'll sleep on the couch." Nolan said reading my mind and sitting on the couch.

"Nonsense. It's you tour, you can have the bed I'll just-"

He let out a heavy sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked giving him a once over. He looked tired and uncomfortable like he was nauseated by something. The bus didn't have a smell and I doubted he would be grossed out by me. This was his idea after all. "Have you changed your mind already? Not willing to give up the money?"