Six

"I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus, this is it, the apocalypse. Whoa"
------Radioactive - Our Last Night (Cover Imagine Dragons) ------  

                "You must be Carter." I jumped in my seat and rubbed my eyes quickly. Shit I had fallen asleep and right in their office. That looked great on my part.

"Yes, yes, sorry." I looked up to see a rough looking man before me. Tattoos up and down both arms, ears gauged, lumber jack beard. I recognized him as the drummer and smiled politely.

"Finn." He said offering me his hand.

"Of course." I shook his hands. The other two members appeared behind him. I pointed to a taller and slightly thinner member though covered in just as many tattoos and tips of his short fo-hawk red, he had only a five o'clock shadow. "Derek." I pointed to the last one, the only blonde of the group though otherwise looked the same, many tattoos, gauged ears and an eyebrow piercing, he had a smooth clean shave. "Holden."

Finn smiled. "A fan?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Actually no. No offense."

"All the better." Holden said and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "She won't be disappointed this way."

"Holden." Finn scolded. Finn being the largest and only one with a beard was easily the most threatening looking but appeared to be a complete teddy bear.

I smiled. "Disappointed? You guys are really great. I'm sure this is going to be a great experience."
"Disappointed in Nolan." Derek clarified to me.

"Nolan? Nolan!" I snapped back into reality and spun in a circle frantically looking around for him. Oh God, who knows when he'd left, who knows what kind of mess he could have been in already. I was so fired. "Where is Nolan?"

"Looks like she's already got it figured out." Holden laughed and Finn jammed his elbow into his side. Holden coughed and rubbed his side grumbling.

"I'm sorry, it was so great to meet you guys but I've got to find the-" Just as I rounded the corner I ran right into Nolan.

Instinctively he put his hands to my shoulders to catch me before I could fall and then gently pushed me away. "Watch where you're going."

"Nolan!" I said full of relief. He raise an eyebrow. "I was just coming to look for you."

"Why?"

"Uh, perhaps because I'm paid to be with you?"

A mischievous grin crossed his face. "You make it sound so dirty." He teased. He glanced behind me to his bandmates and his face fell. "How about this bullshit?" He said and motioned to me.

"Nolan." Finn said in a warning tone. "Play nice."
Nolan swung an arm over my shoulder. "I'm always nice." He replied and stuck his tongue out. No one looked amused. The air in the room was tense. It was obvious now that they weren't close to Nolan. In fact, they seemed annoyed to have even been around him. "Besides, I don't need a babysitter."

"I beg to disagree and apparently so does your agent." I said and shot him a dirty look. At this rate I doubted I would be his babysitter for long. He was so obnoxious I really doubted I could stand to spend every day for five months with him, and that was if I didn't get fired first.

Holden laughed. "I like her."

Nolan's eyes narrowed to slits. "Yes, I suppose you would."

"Hey." Finn said sharply.

Nolan glared at Holden who held his glare with unfaltering intensity. After a moment Nolan broke into an innocent smile and turned to Finn. "What? I'm just so thrilled we're all together again and getting along so wonderfully!"