Nineteen

"Cut me off, I lost my track it's not my fault, I'm a maniac. It's not funny anymore, no it's not"

------- Alone Together - Fall Out Boy -------

Relief could not begin to describe how I felt when the bus pulled up to the hotel. I had trouble sleeping on the bus. I couldn't stop wondering where I was, where I would be when I woke up. It was nerve wracking. On the bright side, I never had to worry about Nolan. What was he going to do? Jump off? I had woken to him missing one morning in the hotel and hadn't been able to find him for hours until I finally got a call that he was passed out in the hot tub. For how long no one knows, he says it did wonders for his back though. I said he was lucky he didn't slip under and drown or the hot tub malfunction and boil him alive. He had taken something that made him drowsy after all. He said I over think things, just like the theory about the train derailing to murder us.

That had been some time ago though, and only once and to be fair it's not like he'd left the hotel to party. He was just downstairs near the pool.

It was interesting. The differences with Nolan and I. There were obviously too many to count, but our sleeping for example. After every show Nolan was bouncing off the walls. Once he would settle down on the bus and would ask for his five minutes he would usually pass out pretty quickly after laying down. I on the other hand could hardly sleep at all on the bus. But in the hotel I was the one who was out the moment my head hit the pillow which left Nolan stuck finding other ways to amuse himself.

Hotels were awesome. Almost all of them had a hot tub or heated pool, most had public exercise rooms, complimentary breakfast, the works. I never utilized a single thing. I was too tired. I used to exercise regularly before this job, now when I was presented with the opportunity you couldn't have got me down there unless you brought me a pillow and blanket and let me nap on the treadmill. Instead I would take full, and I do mean full, advantage of the shower, and the real bed.

The shower on the bus was small, the hot water tank pitiful, and privacy was nearly nonexistent. So to have a real shower with a real locking door, and really long lasting hot water? Yes please!

I was just coming out of the shower, skin bright pink from abusing the hot water, hair dripping wet onto the ridiculously comfy robe, and Nolan was sitting on my bed. We technically shared a hotel suite, but each had our own room.

"Carter!" He said throwing his hands in the air when he saw me. Nolan was sitting on my bed

I gave him a questioning look and pulled the towel through my hair to dry it. "Now what?"

"Well I've come for my five minutes of course!"

I sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh. "Nolan, it's late, your five minutes are at the beginning of the day."

"No, my five minutes are before business, and we have business tonight."

My brows hitched together and I stood up. I dug through my bag to find my planner. "I don't see anything scheduled for tonight..."

"We're going out of course."

I rolled my eyes. "Nolan I'm tired, you should be tired too." I looked at him, really looked at him for the first time in several days. I'd been avoiding him since the kissing incident, well, avoiding someone as much as you can when you are to be with them every moment of every day. His leg was bouncing, and his eyes jumped from one place to another. He didn't look the least bit tired. "Are you alright?"