Prologue

Right so info - Sasuke and Naruto are really good friends and trust each other with the other's life, perhaps even more so. They have a brother relationship. Nothing else, no YAOI I'm sorry to say. The fourth Shinobi war ended three years ago. I think that's it. The story hasn't changed apart from the fact the Sasuke never left the village after the shinobi war. I have no clue how Sasuke and Naruto got their arms back so i'm saying it was because of the Sage of the Six path's chakra they healed them. If you know how it happened let me know. I'll probably search it up later.

Edited - 12/01/17

--------

A blonde-haired man and a black-haired one fought against one of the sannin -Orochimaru. Around them was their dead comrades, who all fought against the snake, however he was just too strong and the sneak attack rendered many Shinobi dead before they knew what hit them. The two men were panting. They could have beaten this man by now but they had the village to protect (which meant not destroying it with powerful jutsus) and their -now- dead friends. This responsibility quickly resulted in Orochimaru gaining the upper-hand. "*pant* Dobe?*pant* You still with *pant* me?" asked Sasuke to his old friend and rival while keeping his sharingan and rinnegan eyes on the enemy. 

"I'm fine *pant* Teme" replied the seventh Hokage with a humourless chuckle. How could they joke completely when their friends lay dead at their own feet. The blonde's blue eyes grew clouded for a second before regaining focus once more.

The blonde disappeared and then appeared at the Uchiha's side with mere speed- shocking the sannin that he had such energy left- before whispering something in his teammate's ear. A smirk played on the Uchiha's lips and he nodded in agreement to his old teammate and friend. The snake grew impatient, waiting for the 20 years old shinobis and so attacked them, thinking they were tried out and unable to block him. How wrong he was... 

Rushing towards them with his snake arms out and stretching, he planned to catch them off guard, however, Naruto saw it coming and grabbed him with a hand made out of chakra, by use of Kurama's cloak. The Sannin was unable to move and seeing this opportunity Sasuke drove his sword through the traitor's heart without a word. Killing him once and of all. As the snake's body dropped to the floor, lifeless. The brothers -in anything and everything but blood- let out a sigh of relief, before clinging one to each other for support.

They looked around the crater they once called home with almost dead and lifeless eyes. They looked at the battered and bloodied bodies of their cherished comrades. The people who they fought with, laughed with and... cried with. 

Though Sasuke wouldn't admit it, when he as with the serpent for training, he felt alone. He felt unwanted and in some sense, blind. He couldn't see the light, it didn't matter that he had the Sharingan, the most powerful doujutsu excluding the rinnegan. He felt lost and above all... Afraid. That all changed after the war, he felt wanted and loved. Sure, he had to prove that he was worthy of being a trusted ally and friend but the fear within his heart slowly shrunk until it was covered over. He understand what it was like to have a family once again. He realised that family didn't need to be blood, didn't need to be prefect or even having the same name. Now, he felt numb. He felt the nothingness claw at his heart. It was slowly eating him up... The darkness that was always there, closing in on him. Suffocating him... Until he heard the faint heavy breathing of his indispensable light. He was the darkness, this was true. But they cannot be the dark without the light.

Naruto was always alone as a child. No... alone is not a big enough word to compare it too. The isolation was the prison in which he lived out most of his childhood behind the fake innocent smiles he wore. It wasn't until he was part of team 7 where he truly began to understand the meaning behind the word 'friend' and 'family'. The cage door that locked him within his sadness began to open and he saw the bright warm light. He was for once, in his life, truly happy. But by the time he realised this.. Sasuke left. His one and only best friend left. He wanted him to feel the same light that he had. He wanted him to know that he didn't need to cut bonds to be strong. And so he chased and chased him, until the war came. While it was probably one of the most darkness memories he had experienced in his 20 year long life, but strangely enough it was also his best and his most precious. He found Sasuke again. He found the one he was always running after. But now his eyes travelled over to his deceased friends. His family. The ones who supported him. He began to feel the cage, that prison of sorrow, pull at him. It was locking him away, perhaps this time forever... Until he felt the warm and comforting shadow. The shadow that followed his no matter where he went. He was the light, this was true. But they cannot be light without the dark.

Sasuke looked at the Jinchuuriki, he eyes softening and muttered with slight hope "Is it true? Can you do it?". The Uchiha didn't want to lose anymore important people in his life, and yet his daughter and wife was killed by that bastard. His legacy was killed and he couldn't do anything to stop it. The blonde nodded -unable to reply- as he was caught up in his own sadness. His own pregnant wife and child were dead. They were so young, so innocent. He gently placed the Uchiha on the barren ground that was once filled with lush green grass, before collapsing to the floor himself.

The uchiha looked at him with amusement -even in his darkness of times that dobe could always brighten things up. "Have you gotten everything you need?" the Hokage asked after regaining his energy.

"There is nothing to get." the Uchiha said simply, guesturing to the sword on his waist. 

"Better put a genjutsu to your eyes then. We don't know where we'll be after all." he advised his friend. 

The uchiha looked up in confusion "Can't you control it?" he asked "Yes I can, I'll send us back a day before the graduation day, but the time of day is too precise to predict. We'll still have all our abilities and knowledge, though our bodies will change to our younger selves." he explained which earned a nod of understanding from the uchiha.

The blonde started going through many hand signs, faster than that the sharingan can read and minic. Well the average Sharingan, maybe. Sasuke was no slacker when it came to speed. After about two minutes of silence and sign making, the sunkissed man slammed his hands to the floor as Sasuke placed a hand on his shoulder. Rune marking formed on the ground before the men disappeared from view without any traces of them being there in the first place.

----------

Sorry it's not long, it just wanted to get onto the better chapters. If you have any idea's about how the relationship of team 7 as a whole will turn out, let me know in the comments. I have an idea but if yours are better than i'll use those instead. Thanks for reading :3

It will not be a NaruSasu Fic - just saying. I ship Hinata and Naruto together. Sasuke... I don't really know who I'd ship with him as he was pretty much an ass to everyone. But of the sake of this fanfic it will be SakuXSasu.

HinaXNaru's relationship will not progress quickly due to the amount of time Naruto spends with team 7 and Hinata with team 8. It will probably start somewhere in the chunin exams as this fanfic is focused more on the time travelling thing.

This will be a fanfic for fun, so don't expect weekly updates.