Travelling to the Land of Waves

Edited - 12/01/17

~~~

~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~

We finally reached the gates and saw Sakura waiting for us. I smiled and waved my hand as Sasuke said "Hey" alerting her to our presence. She turned around from her conversation with Tazuna or drunk old man as he is more commonly known as. 

"Hi Sasuke~" Sakura fangirled while I went into my emo corner as she ignored me. WHY, LIFE WHY?.... Not really, in the past I probably would have done but at the moment Sakura is a pure fangirl, nothing can get her to change. Well apart from this mission. This mission is the mission where she realises that being a ninja isn't easy and mine and Sasuke's plan is to help her out. Of course we don't know much on medical ninjutsu but we can show her how her chakra control can help her to get amazing strength. Hopefully because Sasuke is here she will take the training to heart... Hopefully. Well I have faith in her.

Kakashi poofed in with a closed eye smile before saying "Yo!". 

"YOU'RE LATE!!" me and Sakura shouted. 

"How are you late? You went before us and we had to walk." I asked dumbfounded but then kakashi always seem to be able to be late unless it's a A-rank mission or above I suppose. 

Kakashi-sensei waved us off with the excuse " Sorry I'm late. You wouldn't believe the traffic." 

I muttered sarcastically "Yeah it was traffic that I neglected to see while walking here". 

Kakashi looked at me confused for a second and I raised an eyebrow, telling him to voice his thoughts "Where's your backpack, ya know you'll need one, right?" he said slowly as if talking to a child and Tazuna sighed.

"Am I really safe with these guys?" I saw Sasuke look at him with a death glare he had perfected over the years. 

I calmly placed a hand on his shoulder while saying loudly "Don't bother yourself with the drunk old man, Sasuke. After all, if we do fail in protecting him the only thing that will happen is that we'll die. Besides I've got everything I need with me." I said uncaring. To me, I don't mind dying if it means I can allow my friends to breath another day. Plus in the war me and Sasuke were one of the few people who could stand a chance against the juubi, and so if we failed, we failed the world. 

Tazuna's eyes widen at me "How can you say that!?" he questioned.

"You're the one who's worrying too late. If you truly fear for your life then request a higher rank mission, otherwise you're stuck with us." Tazuna stayed silent and I sighed, perhaps I went to far? "Don't worry, Tazuna. We took this mission as ninja. And as ninja we will protect you and complete this mission. It is as simple as that." I reassured him with a large grin before walking off with a smirking Sasuke after he saw the confused and dumbfounded expression of Tazuna.

~~~~TIMESKIP~~~~

Walking. Walking. Walking. All we've been doing is goddamn walking. I can't run because that'll show everyone one I know where i'm going and this is suppose to be my first time out of the village. But it's so BORING!!! Sasuke, sensing my bored emotions, nudged me and pointed towards the puddle. The two presences that I've been sensing seem to be together in the puddle, but how? I mean it's not exactly a big puddle that could fit two people in. Thinking about it is going to hurt my head, so I'm not going to think about it. I walked by the puddle, not sparing it a glance. Sasuke knew I knew, so it was fine. We all walked by and Kakashi-sensei tensed before getting ripped apart by the Demon Brothers. 

Kakashi's blood spattered everywhere and Sakura left out an ear piercing scream as his blood splashed onto my face. I stood there watching in caged anger as the Demon brothers jumped out the puddle. I knew it was going to happen. I knew, and yet it is still hard to watch. Kakashi has already died once to many for my liking. I gathered my thoughts and pushed them to one side. I cannot be thinking about this, I'm in a middle of a battle.