Training the cherry blossom

~~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~~

Waking up, I headed downstairs after getting changed, seeing as Sasuke wasn't in the room. Reaching the dining room, I saw the rest of team 7 happily eating their breakfast. "Teme, why didn't you wake me up?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow. 

He looked away from the food in front of him and to me "Waking you up is as difficult as trying to stop Kakashi-sensei reading his porn" he stated in a matter of fact fashion. Kakashi didn't even respond as he was too busy reading said porn. I crossed my arms and stomped over to the table playfully, sticking my tongue out before smirking at him as I passed before sitting down and eating the plate of food on the table happily.

After we all ate, we went outside and into the forest after saying our goodbyes to Tazuna's family. When Kakashi-sensei thought we had gone far enough, he stopped and turned around to us as we also stopped in our tracks. "Right, this is where we are going to train." he stated. 

"What are we training in, Kakashi-sensei?" I asked with a seemingly confused face 

"Chakra Control"

"How are we going to do that?" inquired Sakura. 

Kakashi gave a closed eye smile and walked towards one of the tree trunks with his crutches by his side. "Tree climbing" 

"WHAT!!!" shouted Sakura and me for effect. 

Before Kakashi could explain, Sasuke did instead with a calm and level headed tone though it still held warmth "You climb without your hands, Sakura." The only kuchino on our team showed confusion after getting over the fact that Sasuke said her name and talked to her 

"Let me show you" offered Kakashi as he channelled chakra to his legs and then his feet. He calmly walked up the tree and onto a branch before walking across it, making him look upside down to us. "And that's how you do it. You channel chakra to your feet -which is the hardest point to make your chakra gather- and walk up the tree. Too much chakra and you'll break the bark but too little and you'll fall right off." he explained with a smile. We nodded as he threw down three kunai, one for each of us and said "Use those to mark your progress". As we picked up the kunai, Kakashi-sensei made his way down the tree and onto the safety of the solid ground.

We walked towards the trees and held our kunai tightly. All three of us ran up three different trees. Sakura succeeded, Sasuke succeeded and I FAILED... Yeah, me and Sasuke thought it would be easier if I failed seen as I had no parents or clan to teach me. While Sasuke passed and trained Sakura, I'd stay here so I could keep Kakashi from checking up on them, plus it also lowers Kakashi's suspicions about me and Sasuke. Sasuke could easily use the excuse 'I saw the technique in my clan's library and trained on it in the academy.' while I couldn't as as I'm suppose to be the dead last and I'm not suppose to know who my parents are.

Sakura beamed with delight "Look Sasuke-kun!" she exclaimed above me while Sasuke was perched on a higher branch. 

He nodded in her direction "You seem to be good at chakra control" he commented for Kakashi who looked like he was going to do the same. Sasuke jumped down from his branch and called out to Sakura "Sakura follow me, I want to tell you something" Sakura's grin grew wider probably thinking about something that a 12 year old child shouldn't think of and nodded before jumping off her tree, no even asking for Kakashi-sensei's permission. Sasuke walked passed me and tapped my shoulder whispering quickly but quietly enough for Kakashi not to hear "I'll sort out Sakura for now" before walking deeper into the forest with Sakura trailing behind.

I looked up and saw Kakashi-sensei looking very puzzled before looking over to me, probably deciding it was too much effort to think about. "You want any tips to do this faster?" he asked and I showed a questioning face. Why would he... Oh, he wants to see what Sasuke and Sakura are doing but can't leave me because I'm the fox's jinchuuriki. I shook my head with a grin firmly on my face "No thanks, Kakashi-sensei. I don't like taking the short way around"