Team 7 - Different and yet the same

Edited - 12/01/17

~~~~

~~~~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~~~~

I walked into the classroom on time once again. I'm really impressing myself with these time keeping skills. I saw Sasuke sitting on his own once again, he's really glad to see them though. I can see it in his eyes and through his emotions but the poor Uchiha with a duck butt doesn't really know how to change his ways and if he did change suddenly that'd be suspicious to everyone else. I sighed, it's not easy to read an Uchiha, after all. It took me four years and I doubt that everyone wants to take that long. Though he doesn't glare anymore but rather stares. 

I walked over to Sasuke and sat down "Teme." I greeted.

"Dobe." he greeted back, glancing at me slightly. It's a shame we can't act like actual friends in the academy, though I suppose we're not at each other's throats anymore and they're more like nicknames. The sound of footsteps slamming onto the floor was heard in the corridor and I winked at Sasuke in a knowing manner to which he groaned. Yep that's right, Sakura and Ino was making all this noise and unfortunately for Sasuke, he loves Sakura and so can't shove her off completely like he did in the past. He'll still probably be rude about it though. 

The door was slammed open and Ino and Sakura came in panting "I came in first!" the pink haired girl declared. 

"No way, Bill-broad brow!" screamed Ino. 

"My big toe is further in the door than yours, meaning I win" said Sakura, defending herself. When you think about it, this argument sounds really pointless. Sakura and Ino ran up to us "Hey, Naruto. Can I sit here?" asked Sakura with hearts in her eyes as she looked to Sasuke and because I knew what was going to happen, I tensed un-noticeably, just before she pushed me out of my chair and onto the floor, without even waiting for my reply. 

I lazily looked up to the corner 'is that the old man hokage?' 

'think so, they're is also kakashi's and the other teachers chakra there as well' informed kurama. 

I looked away from the corner so I don't draw attention to myself 'are they observing the students then?' 

'most likely' he replied before going back to sleep. 

I sighed and got up to seat down next to Sakura, who was trying to flirt with Sasuke. He skillfully ignored it, though I could see well guarded amusement in his eyes. Iruka-sensei walked in and explained that Mizuki was involved in an 'incident'... before telling us our teams. Well it looked like he tried to steal the scroll himself.... what an idiot.

I groaned, I was slowly losing the will to live. We've been waiting for Kakashi-sensei for 3 hours now. I was really excited to see him again, and in that excitement, I forgot about his crap time keeping skills. I grinned 'I'm a kid now, so i can prank him..' 

'Do a better one than before. He was totally expecting the last one' The fox said with a yawn as he woke up. 

'like what?' 

'A series of traps maybe?' suggested Kurama. 

I nodded mentally and set up my prank with a childish giggle "What are you doing, baka?!" asked/screamed Sakura after losing to her own curiosity. 

I looked at her with a 'dur' expression "Setting a prank up, of course!" I said enthusiastically, making Sasuke sigh quietly and shake his head at my behaviour.

After ten minutes of walking around the classroom restlessly, I sensed Kakashi-sensei walk down the hallway as his footsteps are always silent. His hand popped through the door after sliding it open with his book in his other hand. As he opened the door, a string was pulled and a kunai released. The Kunai headed straight for kakashi's beloved book quickly. His eye widened dramatically, realising what was happening and quickly dropped his book to use the same hand to stop the Kunai that was now heading for his heart. Sakura looked scared as she thought I nearly killed him though you could see she was trying to hold her laughter back. I, on the other hand, wasn't able to do that and went into a laughing fit. After he successfully blocked the attack, his eye when straight to Sasuke, however, Sasuke pointed to me with a smirk "It was the dobe's trap".