Anko Mitarashi and her Forest of Death

--------

Recap:

I looked curiously in that direction and a moment after the window smashed. Kunai were thrown at the chalkboard behind Ibiki and put the banner in place. A woman stood in front of it with purple hair - Anko. "You guys! This is no time to be celebrating!" she exclaimed loudly.

--------

~~~~Naruto's Pov~~~~~

"I'm the examiner for the second test, Mitarashi Anko. Now let's go! Follow me!" Anko shouted once again with a fist pump, while everyone just stared blankly at her. 

"Bad timing..." muttered Ibiki, getting out from behind the banner.

 Anko blushed bright red, her arm still hanging in the air. 

"This examiner is Naruto-ish" I heard Sakura mumbled from behind me. I scowled at her comment, as it seemed to be an insult, but agreed somewhat. Anko and I got to know each other more when I was the Hokage. She was pretty good company I thought and she always brought dango which was a bonus. Though whether I got any of them was another matter entirely. 

She stayed silent for a moment, eyes scanning the room, before looking at Ibiki and shouting "78?!.... Ibiki you left 26 teams? The test was way too easy this time!" Ibiki smirked glancing at me before looking back at Anko.

"This time there was a lot of outstanding ones" 

She smirked back at him, not at all worried. "It's fine. I'll at least cut them in half in the second test" she replied. She looked at us with a dangerous glint in her eye "I'm getting excited. I'll explain everything once we've changed places. Follow me." she ordered before walking out. Lucky not jumping through the window again.

------

We arrived at a large fenced off forest. "Welcome to the stage for the second test, practice area 44. Also known as the Forest of Death" she smirked and watched as some of the genins' faces paled at the name. 

"This is sorta creepy" muttered Sakura, looking at the huge trees in front of us. 

"Soon you'll find out why it's called the forest of Death" said Anko, hoping to scare us. 

I crossed my arms "It's kinda an unoriginal name though, isn't it? Couldn't you call it something more badass?" I said with a carefree grin. 

"Think you're clever huh?" she asked before quickly pulling out a kunai and throwing it so it cut my cheek. This is what happens when you try and state your honest opinion... 

She quickly went up behind me and started up lick the blood that came seeping out of the cut "Kids like you are quickly killed spraying that red blood I love..." she said creepy but I kept the grin on my face, unwavering.

"Have you been in a mental hospital? Because I think you need some help if you like licking blood off an 12 year old's cheek" I said with innocent happiness. 

Before she could reply, she aimed another kunai at the grass nin coming up behind us. However it was blocked by the grass nin's tongue that held her previous Kunai. "Here's your kunai." she hissed in the proctor's ear. 

"Why thank you" Anko replied back easily but I felt her tense slightly, her grip on me tightened only a bit. I was quite impressed, holding back your instincts when you're a ninja is hard. "But you know don't sneak up behind me unless you want to die." she continued, still holding me. 

"No. I just get excited when I see blood, plus you cut my precious hair, I couldn't help it." 

"Sorry about that." she replied keeping her tone level as the grass nin walked away. 

It was hard keeping all that blood lust in when I saw her and I can tell by the way Sasuke is keeping quiet he having trouble too. "Could you let me go now please, miss insane woman?" I asked politely as she was STILL holding me, hoping a break the tension that I could almost see. She looked down at me curiously as I grinned "Well?" I asked happily, masking how nervous I felt. Did she sense my blood lust? I'm sure I kept it under control but I could be wrong. I was never very good at hiding my emotions when it comes to the snake bastard. 

"Of course." she said and let me go but remained by my side to which I sighed. "Looks like we've got a lot of blood thirsty ones. This should be fun..." she muttered mainly to herself though anyone heard her. 

"Now before we start the second test, there's something I have to pass out" she said and held up some papers. "You must sign these agreement forms" she continued and after seeing the confused faces she explained happily with a wide grin"There will be deaths in this one so if you don't sign these then it will be all my responsibility. I'm going to explain the second test, you can sign it afterwards. After that each team will go to the booths behind me" she said and handing me the papers. After I got my own I passed it along to Shikamaru. "Ok. I will now explain the second test. Simply put it will be the ultimate survival test. First I'll explain the area in which it will take place. Around practice area 44 are 44 locked gates. Forest, river and a tower in the center. From the gates to the tower is about 10 km. During the survival in here you will be asked to complete a certain task. Using your many weapons and jutsu you will compete in a no rules scroll battle." she said a pulled out two scrolls. One with the kanji for heaven and the other for for earth marking them. "You will fight over these two scrolls. The heaven and the earth. There are 78 people here so half will get the earth scroll and the other will get the heaven scroll. To pass this test your team must make it to the tower with both scrolls. 

"So 13 teams will definitely fail." mused Sakura under her breath after doing the math. 

"But there's a time limit. The second test will last 120 hours. Exactly five days." added Anko. 

"Five days?!" screamed Ino 

"What about dinner?" added Choji, more concerned about food than his own life. Or maybe it was both. His family jutsu revolved around his calorie intake.

Anko shrugged "You're on your own. The forest is full of food. Just watch out for man-eating beasts, poisonous insects, poisonous plants and 13 teams passing is not likely. As the days go on, the distance to the goal will become further and the time to rest will become shorter. Plus the area is crawling with enemies you won't get much sleep. Not only will some fail by losing the scroll but some will die by the harshness of the course." She grinned, unnerving some by her careless nature before continuing "Now I'll talk about what will disqualify you. First, those who don't make it to the tower with both scrolls within the time limit. Second, those who have lost a teammate or whose teammate is killed. As a rule there is no quitting in the middle, you will be in that forest for five days. And one more rule... You must not look inside the scroll until you make it to the tower. A final word of advice... Don't die!"

Once we got our scroll -which Sasuke is taking care of- we walked to our gate. Sakura looked nervous and Sasuke looked pumped, which was no surprise on neither side. I grinned "Right team 7! We got this in the bag. No matter who or what comes at us, we'll survive." I grinned and Sakura looked at me with Sasuke.

 He nodded "It's as simple as that. There is no need for doubt or fear because we'll succeed." he added coolly with his hands in his pockets as usual but knowing he was reassuring Sakura.

 All three of us looked at our gate which was number 12 and smirked. Sakura put on her new gloves that we got her and pulled at them slightly like she used to in the future. Now we were away from the other groups, she has started acting more like herself. Her smirk turned into a more aggressive one, almost excited "SHANNARO!!" she exclaimed. 

Anko put chakra into her voice box and shouted "The second test of the chunin exam begins now!"