Part 2

Shade

I woke in a cold sweat and went to reach for my brother but the other side of the bed was still empty. I sat up swinging my feet to the edge of the bed looking around for any trace of him but there was none. The events from last night slowly coming back and I looked across the room to the open door way. I could see Sigil sound asleep on the bed, I didn't need her seeing me like this so I got up grabbing my jacket and a dagger. Once I stepped into the small hall way though the vampire's orange eyes flickered open and where trained on me.

"Where are you going?" she asked sitting up as if she had been watching me this whole time. "Looking for my brother" I replied my voice cracked as my heart was still racing and the images from the nightmare still in my head. "I could help you" she said her eyes looked as if she were confused probably because of my hammering heart. "I got it" I said quickly walking down the stairs and walking out shutting the door behind me.

I knew she was going to follow me so I quickly took off running up the small wooden shack in front of my house. I ran from roof top to roof top up till I got up to the stone building I stopped. Placing my hand on the stone chimney as I breathed heavily not out of breath but from the images that flashed through my head.

I sat down resting my back against the chimney. I brought my knees up to my chest wrapping my arms around them as I placed my head down on my knees trying to fight the fear off. Feeling the tearing of my own flesh, the snarling of the beast, its claws shredding me. I flinched at the memories and tried harder to think about anything else.

Where the hell was Shadow? I lifted my head looking around trying to find his aura. I felt it pull to me as I looked to my left. He had woken up feeling my pain. I felt bad for this, it never got better, and this was why I didn't sleep alone... which made his love life hell and mine nonexistent. I got up and jumped to the next roof top running off in his direction.

I stopped jumping down to a balcony. He walked out of the house and as our eyes met his softened. "You left the house to a vampire?" he asked and I sighed "She followed me, she'll be here soon" I said my voice now returning to normal. My heart beat now returning to normal. Much like the mind games he played on others when he tried to do it to me it didn't work well but he could make me feel emotions. Right now it was calming. "Best get going" he said and jumped over the railing and I followed him down to the ground.

As we walked back to the house I spotted the vampire in the shadows, my brother oblivious of it until suddenly his back snapped straight and looked over at her. "Ok I think since you're going to be living with us for a while you have a right to know I hear your dirty thoughts" he said glaring at her. Dirty thoughts? I was definitely interested. "Well you two better get a room then" I said and he scuffed but said nothing else. I couldn't see the vampire's expression but I bet it wasn't happy about that.

"What time is it anyways?" I asked. Sigil was the first to answer "One in the morning" she said and I glanced at the vampire. "You know you didn't have to follow me" I told her she shrugged "You smelled off" she said I frowned at her words. "How so?" I asked intrigued. "Don't know" she said but I knew that was a lie by the way her lip twitched down.

The rest of the walk was in silence as we got back to the house. I went back to bed right away, not taking notice to the vampire or my brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke again in the same cold sweat again reaching out to my brother only finding him not there. I groaned physically shaking this time. "Are you sick?" I heard the feminist voice of the vampire ask. She was standing in the door way but I didn't need to look at her to know that. "I'm fine" I said sitting up and stretching as if everything was normal. "I can hear you lie" she said still standing there. "Where is Shadow?" I asked getting up out of bed. "He went to that guild you where talking about, he should be back soon" she said and I sighed trying to shake off all of emotions that where washing over me. I wanted to say that having two nightmares in the same day where uncommon but it seemed every time I went to sleep I was ridden with them. I started to put on my boots as Sigil still leaned against the door way watching.