Part 11

Shade

                I woke up patting the bed beside me trying to feel for Sage only to find the bed empty. I groaned trying to feel through our bond where she was. I got a feeling in response telling me to stay in bed. So I did, closing my eyes and about to drift off again. The door opened quietly "Where were you?" I mumbled as she kissed my forehead and laid down beside me. "Hunting, I'm a lot older than you so I have to feed more" She told me and I sighed. I never really knew when she was hunting, she must have always done it when I'm asleep or busy.

                Now opening my eyes seeing her in the dim morning light. "Your hair" was all I could really say, I was shocked, why had she changed it again? How come it's blond now? I wanted to die her hair blond, why didn't she let me? "It's my natural hair color" she said and I rolled on top of her holding myself up with my hands planted beside her head. "So that's why you wouldn't let me do it?" I asked and she nodded slowly. "Since he's dead I don't have to hide anymore... I think I'm going to grow my hair out again" she said and I gently laid my body down on hers still holding myself up a little bit. "I told you, you would make a good blond" I said and let myself drop to my elbow on my robotic hand as my other began to play with her blond hair. I think I had too many blond's in my life right now though. I mean half my family, gods and only one of them doesn't have blond hair. "Let's not get up today" I said and she smiled "And stay here in bed? With you? I'd like to retain feelings in my legs" She said pushing me off as she sat up and now I sat on her lap. "Hm, you didn't let me use my right hand last night, still have to test it out" I said winking at her. She just frowned "You're better with your left"

                I took that as a insult and frowned back at her "Excuse me?" I asked and she smirked now "You're better. With. Your. Left. Can you write with you left as well?" she asked and I scowled, why was she changing the subject? "Yes I can, I preferably use my right hand but I can do all the same tasks with my left, but what do you mean I'm better with my left. That was the first time I used it for that task?" I asked her and her arms wrapped around the back of my neck pulling me closer. "Are you sure?" she asked me and her eyes were glowing bright red once more trying to seduce me. So I decided to seduce her back "Are you sure you don't want to find out what my other hand could do?" I asked and for a moment she was dazed. I think it actually worked but then she shook her head looking away from me "Your strong" she mumbled and I smiled kissing her cheek and whispering against her skin "Well, I did have a strong sire" I said and she pushed me away abruptly and got up.

                She was walking to the door "You really going to leave me alone with my hand?" I asked her and as much as she wanted to look at me she didn't walking out of the room making me huff and get dressed.

I put on a black shirt with black pants and threw my leather jacket over it. Then kicked on my boots and sheathed my daggers at my back and my throwing knives over the jacket sleeve on my right.

                "Sagggeee" I whinnied as I walked down stairs. I saw Shadow finally replacing the wooden table in the dining room since I destroyed the last. "Hey, V was looking for you" Shadow said as he rolled out the city map on the table. "Alright, I'll head over. Wait" I said just as I was about to walk out the door I turned to Shadow. He looked a little nervous as I glared at him. "Where is my eagle?" I asked him frowning. "Should be here any day" he said and I nodded then walked out the door, putting up my hood.

                I had no idea where Sage ran off to because now I couldn't find her even if I tried. So I gave up going to the thieves' tavern. The place was busy as usual and I received a few cat calls as I walked in. I huffed, this place really hasn't changed. I ignored all the whistles and stares as I walked to the storage room.