Part 8

Shade

We had been traveling for five days and had taken camp in the forest. "You think one of those mirage with sexy Elvin women will ever happen to me?" he asked and I scowled at him as soon as I got the fire going. He was leaned back against a tree. "Hey what happened to you boy Fred?" I asked him and he shrugged "He didn't like my wolf so I dumped his sorry ass" he said it so confidently but I knew that was far from his truth. I hit his leg and he whined pulling his feet up to his chest. "Your mate is bound to be around here somewhere, who knows maybe they're stuck in a bush?" I asked and he hummed thinking about it.

"And about the Elvin women, I already got myself one and I don't need another ten to distract me" I said earning a laugh from Shadow. Then that reminded me about purgatory which I had entirely forgot about since I was planning to skin Dasmon alive and use his skin as a rug, then hook his skull above our mantle place. "You're named after a girl!" I shouted at him. His face turned completely red with embarrassment "You don't know that!" he growled and I began to laugh falling over onto the grass "You're named after a girl, you're named after a girl!" I began to sing that until he lunged at me but I was rolling away and climbing up a tree. "The oh so manly Shadow named after a girl! I mean I saw this coming it is a girl's name" I said and he threw a rock at me just missing my face. As I looked down he looked hella mad. "Oh what are you going to do? Shake the tree until I fall?" I teased him "You're too girly for that" I said and he scowled at me "You know you're a girl too!" he shouted and I then swung upside down so we were face to face with my legs wrapped around the branch the only thing keeping me up.

I poked his nose "Yes but I'm butch so it doesn't count, and just so you know you just referred yourself as a girl. Something you're hiding down there Shadow?" I asked raising a brow looking down but I quickly swung up to avoid his fist. I was laughing at him and he actually did begin to shake the tree.

I was holding onto the branch I sat on tight and held in my laughter as I watched a young female elf emerge from the bushes. She had no weapon so I remained silent. "Hello?" I heard the innocent young girl say and my brother stopped turning around and I crept along the branch over so I was right behind this women. "Oh hi" my brother stuttered. "I heard you from a mile away, why were you shaking the tree?" the women asked and she sounded offended and my brother was stuttering for some reason. I mean he was usually such a flirt? "Oh no reason" he said and before their conversation could continued I hung upside down behind the elf and began to feel the pouches at her hip trying to look for money but I think it was just herbs and shit. "Shade!" Shadow hissed and I pulled myself up as the girl looked back. "Who?" The women asked and my brother shook his head "She's up in the trees" he said and I turned invisible letting the shadows cover me like a blanket. It felt so nice yet cold. As the elf looked up she was confused because I wasn't there. "I... see" the women said and my brother looked lost as he didn't see me either "I swear she's up there" he said and the elf was slowly walking away "Yes, well good luck finding her..." she said as she backed away and I decided it was time I really start fucking with them so I jumped down landing on the elf while screaming.

She screamed as well throwing her hands up to defend herself as I then stumbled back laughing. "Shade you idiot" Shadow growled at me throwing me to the side as I was now on the ground laughing my ass off. "You should have seen her face!" I said as I laughed and my brother helped her up. She was now glaring at me but I was still laughing as my brother joined in glaring. "Ignore her, she is insane" he said as a excuse but I shook my head "I'm fucking hilarious, admit it, It was very funny" I growled at him taking a serious tone as I looked at my brother and he had to hold back his laughter. The young girl was fed up with us and left with my brother chasing after her as I remained laughing on the ground.