Part 5

chapter 5

Shadow

Shadow had just returned home after collecting money for his sister when he was greeted to the unusual sight of the vampire sitting at the edge of her bed looking across the doorway watching his sister sleep. Shadow casually leaned against the doorway in the way of Sage's view. "So should we call you Sigil or Sage now?" Shadow asked ignoring the thoughts going through the vampire's head. "Sage is fine" She said looking up at shadow now. He smirked "You know if you really want to bed her that bad I could leave for the night" He said.

                The vampire immediately frowned "Can you not read my thoughts?" She asked and Shadow shrugged "I didn't have to read your mind to know you want to bed her. It's written all over your face... plus you're watching her fuckin sleep?" he said glancing back at his sister who was very sound asleep.  She was a very heavy sleeper so he wasn't worried about waking her up but she was scowling in her sleep. "Do you know if she...?" she couldn't finish the question but Shadow knew exactly what she was going to say.

                "How about we play a game? A hypothetical game?" he suggested but before she could answer he smiled and continued "Good, alright so Hypothetically she likes you back? Then you two fall madly in love or something right? Then you two start fucking but I actually think that part becomes before falling in love part. Either way you're in love and want to stay with each other forever? Well now you both relies wait, You are a vampire and Will Live forever" he put the punctuation in on the last line but before she could say something he continued. "Now you're faced with, break up because you don't want to see your love one grow old and die... or turn Shade into a vampire. But before any of this Shit, back to when you're fucking and all. You lose control and bite her? Better yet hurt her unintentionally because of what you are. You have to ask yourself. Can you see past the fact she is what you eat? That she isn't food to you but family? Could you ever see past her blood?" he let the questions hang in the air. The vampire was in deep thought with a grim look on her face that turned into a sad one.

                "I... I don't think I could forgive myself if I hurt her" She admitted to him and he leaned his head against the door frame. "Do you trust yourself?" he then asked and her sad look stayed the same answering the question for him. "So unless you turn her into a vampire, there is nothing that could safely happen between you two" he said and she was about to say something but he held his hand up. "Plus, one more question you need to ask yourself, Does she deserve a regular human life? To live and breathe the air? To Live in general? Could you really take away her life?" he asked her.

                He was purposely putting a lot of doubt into the vampire's head but he believed it was to protect his sister. Beneath Sage's beautiful youth skin, she was a monster. A killer who needed to feed off human's life to live her own dead life. He didn't want his sister getting hurt and he feared that was all she would cause her. Then there was what V had said, if Sage's husband found out, Shadow didn't think he could protect his sister.

                "Sweet dreams vampire" He said turning on his heel walking into his own room. He mentally noted to himself to put the doors back up since this was a door less house except the front door. He took off his boots and laid down beside his sleeping sister who was still scowling in her sleep. It wasn't the usual nightmare so he thought she would probably be fine for the night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                He woke to someone hitting his back and he groaned loudly. "Where's my pet eagle?" the words were hissed into his ear and he groaned louder. "It's on its way" he said talking into his pillow. This time his sister groaned "I want one now" she whined hitting his shoulder. "Don't be such a child" he groaned and she huffed getting up and off the bed leaving him alone. He sighed in relief and began to drift off again when he woke to loud breaking sound and he jerked himself upright.