Part 6

Shade

It had been a full week of hunting vampires to no end. Thankfully Shadow and I stored up on a lot of gold so we didn't have to worry about taxes and all that. But besides that fact Shadow had began house construction reinforcing everything. We had iron bars on all our windows except the one in me and Sages room.

                I guess that was the biggest change this week, I preferred to sleep with Sage beside me. Maybe it was because of the blood thing; maybe it was because she wanted me closer than she usually did. Or maybe it was just nicer to sleep with a woman instead of a bodybuilder my brother was. Either way I didn't question it too much since it was nice.

                I also found she could twist my emotions much more easier than Shadow ever could. When I started to get angry she but one touch me and I was calm. She had tried to manipulate me once more when I suggested he just burn the house the vampire was hiding in down. It didn't work and I burned the house down anyways.

                All and All me and Sage were making good partners since my brother was more of a lone wolf. I began laughing at my own pun making Sage look over at me like I was mad. We were currently back at the house sitting on our bed. She was reading some book as I was thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow the day I would no longer be Shade but Samuel. That was what I was changing my name too anyways. Sage had said she had everything to make me a 'man'. So to say. She didn't let me look at the suit she got me or anything saying it would spoil the surprise.

                "Why were you laughing?" Sage had asked her eyes still on that damn book. "I made myself laugh" I answered the obvious. "About?" she asked now casting a glance at me as I laid on my back looking up at the ceiling. "You won't think it's funny" I said and stretched my arms up. She closed the book putting it on the nightstand and looking at me, giving me her full attention now. "What's on your mind?" she asked and I hummed looking up at the ceiling.

                "Tomorrow, the ball. We're going to have to act like nobles and I hate nobles" I said frowning at the ceiling and Sage laughed at me. "Did you forget I have Noble blood? My father was a king remember?" she asked me and I looked over at her. "Yes I remember, which I'm guessing you'll fit in perfectly with them" I said and she smiled at me. "I think you'll do fine, you did fine at the last thing we went undercover in" she said and I groaned very loudly "Don't make me remember that" I whinned which only amused her more. "Why, I thought you like being on a leash?" she asked and I was oblivious to the hidden message behind those words. "Ah yes, you might have well also blind folded me and restrained my hands" I grumbled but then suddenly I began to connect the dots of what she had meant. I then sat up looking at the still stunned vampire. "For someone who has her nose in a book all the time you sure are kinky" I told her. I think she was done with me because she got up and walked out of the room without another word.

                I laid back down closing my eyes hoping to get a good nap in before this ball. When the door slammed open I groaned "I thought you were too embarrassed to talk to me" I asked and I then noticed the strange contraption in her hand. I sat up "What is that?" I asked. She had a mischievous smile on now "How I'm going to make you a man" She said and motioned for me to stand up. I did so and was looking at the very strange thing in her hands. "It's called a binder, it'll go on under everything so take off your shirt" she said.

                "The party's not for a few hours?" I asked and she gave me that same smile "Trust me, it'll take that long" she told me. I didn't like where this is going but I don't suppose I had much of a choice at this point.   She then helped me put the thing on and was strapping the lace on the back. "Good?" she asked me and I was confused "Yes, but how is thi-" I felt like someone just squeezed my lugs sucking all the air out of me. a fire burned my chest and I did everything in my power not to scream out in pain as it pushed my breast into my body. "What the-" didn't finish because she pulled it even fucking tighter. I didn't think that was possible but the pain in me told me I was working. "Doing great so far" Sage told me and I wanted to lash out at her but again she pulled it even fucking tighter than before. This time my hand reached out on the nightstand to stabilize myself. I then felt her tying it all up as I couldn't breathe that well.