Is Love Enough : Fanfiction based on The Fosters

Prologue

"It's okay baby, it's okay. Everything's going to be fine. I'll protect you. I'm not going to leave you." Callie whispered promises she knew she couldn't keep into her younger brother's ears. She felt him tremble against her and could feel the hot tears burning through her old ragged clothes.

"You promise?" Jude questioned hopefully.

"I promise.' Callie answered in return. Her heart sunk to the pit of her stomach, she knew those promises would be almost impossible to keep.

"I'm scared, Callie, what if he finds us?" His little voice shook and it seemed as if all the hope and energy that should burn in a young child was gone. He seemed as if there was no life in him, and that killed Callie like a piercing knife to the chest. As if it told her, you weren't a good sister, you couldn't even protect your own brother.

They lay against the cold, hard, dusty floor, underneath the bed, their hearts pounding. The sound of the floorboards creak and the shouting of their foster father made them freeze any movement.

"Come out NOW you good for nothing bitches. Come give your daddy a hug." The drunk, slurred voice of their foster father echoed around the room, giving them shivers. Callie and Jude held their breaths, careful not to make any sound.

Callie could see his feet, right in front of her face. Silent tears trickled down her cheeks. If he found them this time, Jude would be dead for sure.

It seemed as if they laid there, completely quiet for hours. But eventually the feet her of her foster father could be seen exiting the room. Jude let out a quiet sigh of relief, but Callie put a finger to his lips, signaling that they still needed to be silent. They stayed in their hiding position until the loud snores of their foster father could be heard. Callie slowly woke up Jude who had fallen asleep.

"Baby, we need to leave now." Callie whispered to Jude, who quickly awoke and rubbed his hazel-brown eyes. The two of them carefully crawled out of their hiding spot. Callie walked out first checking for a clear coast. She signaled for her brother to follow. Both of them cautiously tiptoed down the hallway towards the back door.

We're almost there! Callie thought gleefully to herself. Her fingers turned the doorknob when she felt the warmth of Jude's hand leave hers. She whipped around to see her foster father holding Jude in a headlock with a shotgun pointed at Callie's head.

"YOU FUCKING RETARDS! WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" Their foster father's drunk voice pierced her ears like a siren. She watched as his face turned from red to purple. And the gun in his hand began shaking.

"Please calm down and put down the gun, you're mind is just playing tricks on you." Callie calmly spoke to her foster father attempting to get him to believe they were innocent. But her plan completely backfired.

"STOP. FUCKING. LYING. TO. ME." Everything seemed to happen in a blur. Our foster dad about to shoot, Jude kicking and screaming, me, running for Jude, and the gun firing at the ceiling.

The last thing I remember before I black out is Jude hovering over me, his tears falling onto my forehead.

"Callie. You promised."

~~~

Ok hi!!

This is my new story :)

My name is Hannah and I'm also currently writing an r5 fanfiction so if you like them, check it out :)

The Fosters is like my favorite TV show.

IT'S AMAZING

So please read on and feel free to fangirl over the fosters!