Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Brandon's POV

"Ring ring!"

Whoo! Another school day gone and passed. And tomorrow's Friday! I packed all my books and head out the door. Outside the door waited my girlfriend, Talya.

"Hey baby, how was class?" Talya cooed to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips against mine.

"Everything's great now." I whispered against her lips. She giggled and we kissed again. We heard some wolf whistles down the hallway and we deepened the kiss. Until we heard a loud cough. It was the principal.

"Ehem. No PDA on school grounds. You know the rules, this is your last warning." Talya turned bright red while I did all I could to suppress my laugh.

"Yes sir. Won't happen again." I said, trying to be serious about it. He nodded his head in approval and walked away to interrogate another group of innocent teens.

"So you want to have dinner at my house tomorrow?" I asked Talya.

"Sure, what time?"

"I'll text you."

"Bye babe." She pecked my lips and sent the back of the principal a dirty look and walked off.

"Bye Talya!" I called to her. She turned around and waved.

I walked over to the parking lot where my car was parked, so yes I'm one of those lucky 16 year olds' who get a car after they get their license. Even if it used to be Lena's car.

I pulled into the driveway and parked my car there. As I walked into the kitchen Lena began questioning me about school. I rolled my eyes and told her everything was fine. I went over to the sink to wash my hands and them plopped back to my original seat.

As I played with my silverware like a little kid, I noticed someone new sitting down next to me. I've never seen her before and her face was badly bruised also with a split lip.

"Who's this?" I asked Lena.

She replied saying, "This is Callie, she's going to be staying with us for a few weeks." I nodded my head showing my understanding.

I noticed a few things though, one was that even with all the bruises and cuts she was still really pretty, I mean not like Talya who's super sexy, but like different, like I guess you could say she's pretty (and hot). But it doesn't even matter though, I have Talya.

Second was that even though I can see she washed her face and wiped her eyes, I could somehow tell she had been crying. And for some reason, I wanted to know why she was crying, so I could help her. But I guess it's my brotherly instinct. I think...

Third was that she was sort of rude. Well actually she's really rude. She called my moms', dykes, and basically said to Mariana and Jesus that weren't our moms' "real children".

Just in case you didn't know. Yes we have two moms. Stef and Lena. I'm Stef's biological son from her past marriage but Mariana and Jesus are foster children that my moms' adopted about 5 years ago. I love them like they're my biological siblings so it never really mattered to me that they're adopted.

OH. And another thing. If you're wondering about Jesus' name it's not really pronounced gee-zus. It's pronounced hey-sues. Like jalapeño. But it's Jesus. Interesting right?

But back to real life.

"So how old are you Callie?" I asked her, trying to create conversation, so the silence at the table would slowly fade away.