Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Wyatt's POV

I'm not sure if I should insulted or impressed that Brandon tried to lie to me.

Does he think I'm stupid?

Well...obviously he does. Basically all the human population (except Callie) thinks I'm stupid.

'Oh I have a headache.' Yeah right, headache.

I've been lied to enough times in my life, to know when I'm being lied to.

I could tell he was definitely bothered by the sight of me and Callie. Which to some point made me feel pretty good. That I finally had something that someone else wanted, not the other way around.

Call me selfish, but I've had to sit back so many times and watch other guys take away the girl that I wanted. Snatch them away, because they're more talented. They have more money. They're more popular. The list goes on and on, about how they're so much better than me.

Does that bring down my ego? What do you think?

But this time Callie was mine. And she liked me for who I was, my personality. And I know this is cheesy as hell, but it's true. It felt good she would choose me over the richer, more talented, popular, smart, the 'you will have a successful future' guy.

You would think.

I knew she wasn't mine though.

For now she was...

But I'm not stupid, no matter how much you think I am.

I can see, I can see that she cares about him. Probably more than me. She likes him, I see the concern in her eyes when she see's him depressed. She doesn't think I do but I notice the softness in her eyes as he approaches. I can see so many differences between our relationship and with hers and Brandon.

So yes, I can also see their relationship would be better than ours. Does that mean I'm just going to let her go?

No.

I'll keep for as long as I can. No matter how long that is, I'll take it.

I don't what it is about her, but it's different.

She's different from all the other girls.

For one, she pushes me away, unlike most girls who would pull me in instead.

All these differences and imperfections, make her perfect. If you know what I mean.

I probably sound like such a pussy, but it's the truth.

I can't help myself.

"WYATT. You sorry son of a bitch. Come out." I jumped up and out of my daydream at the noise sounding outside my door.

"COME OUT." I mentally groaned. Dad was drunk again.

Yippee. What fun. (Please note sarcasm)

I stepped out of the room to face my dad.

His eyes were red and bloodshot, his pudgy but muscled figure still towered over me, even in my 6 foot figure.

He latched a hand onto my arm and I did my best not to flinch at his intense grip.

This was the part of my life I'd like to keep secret.

"Hey dad." I stated clearly, he hated it when I mumbled, or whispered. I learned that the hard way.

My greeting was responded with a punch in the face.

I groaned and doubled over in pain, but I didn't reciprocate, I'd gotten used to it after multiple years. Trying to fight back never worked anyways.

"Where's your mom, you cunt?" I ignored his hurtful words, they didn't affect anymore.

"She's in the kitchen." I replied.

A hand slapped across my face, "Look at me when you talk, boy!"

"Sorry dad." I apologized praying this wouldn't infuriate him.

He shoved me back into the wall and stomped away screaming my mom's name.

And that's how it works in this household, dad rules all while we all cower under his anger.

This is why my older sister ran away when she was 18, she couldn't stand the way dad treated everyone.

She still contacts mom and I but that's kept a secret from dad, he would blow a fuse if he found out.

Nobody knows about this side of my life. Every time I come to school with a bruise or injury, everybody automatically assumes I was in a fight. Because I'm supposed to be the 'rebel kid' right?

And that's the way I like it. I don't want anyone knowing that I get abused by my own dad at home. I don't want to see pity in their eyes every time people look at me. I don't want special treatment from any teachers.

So I keep all this pain and anger locked inside of me, hoping that one day I can trust someone, trust someone enough so they can help best some pain for me.

That's what I wish for.

But what's the point of wanting something you know you can't have?

~~~

A/N

So I'm back with another chapter! Yay for me!

So this is just one chapter with Wyatt's POV (as you should be able to tell)

You guys are the best readers in the WORLD.

One thing....PLEASE MESSAGE ME! I love interacting with my readers.

And comment! Comment if you liked the chapter, if you hated it tell me why!

Do you like where the story is going?

So I'm going for a higher goal today...

-> 100 reads? 25 votes? 10 comments? for next chapter

READ VOTE COMMENT

ILYASM.

Xoxo Hannah